PDA

View Full Version : My Printer and Camera Worked!

mishranurag
January 27th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I started using UBUNTU about two months back. My printer (DELL 720) didn't work :(, and I gave up and used the printer with other computer. BUT! I got some instructions somewhere in this forum and I followed those instructions ( I don know an iota of it), and woila! it worked perfectly. UBUNTU recognized the printer without restarting.

I got too excited and tried my camera (FUJI Finepix 3800), and UBUNTU recognized the camera within 30 seconds, mounted it and showed the photos to me. So that was lot more than what I was expecting. However, the camera didn't work in webcam mode.

Also while copying photos, UBUNTU opened a special folder where I could edit, rotate photos, and preview them as slide show. I don know where I can find that special folder when I am watching photos stored in computer, but right now I am very happy about whatever I got and just wanted to share :)

Anurag

bloodborne
January 27th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Glad to hear you got your camera and printer working. I'm planning on buying a digital camera at some point, and I want it to work with Ubuntu, so it's encouraging to hear these sorts of things. :)

TechSonic
January 27th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Ubuntu had the drivers for my Olympus Camedia Digital Camera D-360L and it was working in GTKam right off the bat.

poofyhairguy
January 28th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I started using UBUNTU about two months back. My printer (DELL 720) didn't work :(, and I gave up and used the printer with other computer. BUT! I got some instructions somewhere in this forum and I followed those instructions ( I don know an iota of it), and woila! it worked perfectly. UBUNTU recognized the printer without restarting.

I got too excited and tried my camera (FUJI Finepix 3800), and UBUNTU recognized the camera within 30 seconds, mounted it and showed the photos to me. So that was lot more than what I was expecting. However, the camera didn't work in webcam mode.

Also while copying photos, UBUNTU opened a special folder where I could edit, rotate photos, and preview them as slide show. I don know where I can find that special folder when I am watching photos stored in computer, but right now I am very happy about whatever I got and just wanted to share :)

Anurag

You should install the program called f-spot to help keep track of your photos. Its really fun to play with.

mishranurag
January 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks for f spot!
It appears like nice program :)

Anurag

You should install the program called f-spot to help keep track of your photos. Its really fun to play with.

mishranurag
February 1st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Just to update my comment about F-Spot. I tried using digikam too. I find it lot more advanced and better than F-Spot :). So, now I use digikam instead of F-Spot.

Anurag

Thanks for f spot!
It appears like nice program :)

Anurag