PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] DaemonTools

Dreygz
July 27th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty much a complete noob so I could really use the help...
when I try to install new games that I have downloaded on-line all the guides say to use daemon tools (because I don't know how to manually mount the ISO image onto a drive or w/e it is I'm supposed to do)... but every time I try to install daemon tools it pops up with an error message... is there any way someone can explain to me how to get this working in a language I can understand?... also if there is any alternative to DT that will work easier? thanks.

Bucky Ball
July 27th, 2009, 10:21 AM
The error message it is throwing would help. :)

Dreygz
July 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Internal setup error. Error Code:256. Contact support.
and the same error message appears no matter which version I try to install. tried opening it with wine and I tried opening w/o wine same problem.

vinutux
July 27th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Deamontools are used for mounting iso and nrg images to hard disk instead of burn a cd and run from it (a method of visualization)....

deamontools is windows app not native ubder linux...use gdiskiso instead of mounting images here (mounting is so simple here under terminal..but recommended gui way)

install gmountiso
sudo apt-get install gmountiso

shiroyoshida
July 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
gmountiso is great!

Thank you for the suggestion vinutux! I've been looking for something like this for the last four hours...

Dreygz
July 27th, 2009, 10:57 PM
when I try to mount it to my CD-ROM or CD-ROM0 it goes into the home folder into media and then tells me that these folders are not empty and wont mount it. Also when i try to open up oblivion it says we do not detect a cd/dvdrom drive on this computer? i have one... so i dont quite understand...

vinutux
July 28th, 2009, 12:35 AM
yeh...there is some problem related to some type of cds

sudo mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom

Dreygz
July 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM
for some reason it keeps popping up the same issue...i mounter the iso to both the cdrom and the cdrom0 and it says unable to find cdrom/dvd drive on your computer could this possibly be a hardware issue wires not connected right? also "disk" that it uses is usually a dvd... if that changes anything.

vinutux
July 28th, 2009, 09:50 PM
for some reason it keeps popping up the same issue...i mounter the iso to both the cdrom and the cdrom0 and it says unable to find cdrom/dvd drive on your computer could this possibly be a hardware issue wires not connected right? also "disk" that it uses is usually a dvd... if that changes anything.

Put disk in the drive and hit this command

sudo fdisk -l

It list all partions...check there is your cd/dvd

and use /dev/sdb or /dev/scd instead of /dev/cdrom