PDA

View Full Version : 80 blocked... Other ports no.

Bagnz0r
July 27th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Hi,
I'm new here... And i think i was here on ubuntu forums but something disgusting happened. Never mind.
So basically - i haven't payed for internet yet. Come on, i'm starting work @ GData Software if they'll approve me. I'm paying 200pln each month. Don't look at me like at thief, they have blocked only port 80 - like always, looks like they want it. That's the reason why am I here, and why am I posting - because i'm on proxy. Anyway, do you have any ideas how to bypass that damned blocking? As i've said before, they are blocking only port 80.

Thanks,
Phil.

Compucore
July 27th, 2009, 04:58 AM
What do you want to do exactly on port 80? Usually that port is for email or something else for email or web browser I think I might be wrong. Or was that port 110 that I am thinking of over here. Ask the ISP that you are using for accessing the net if they have a way around it for you that would be the equivilant for what ever you need that specific port for. That would not be

COmpucore

gletob
July 27th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Hi,
I'm new here... And i think i was here on ubuntu forums but something disgusting happened. Never mind.
So basically - i haven't payed for internet yet. Come on, i'm starting work @ GData Software if they'll approve me. I'm paying 200pln each month. Don't look at me like at thief, they have blocked only port 80 - like always, looks like they want it. That's the reason why am I here, and why am I posting - because i'm on proxy. Anyway, do you have any ideas how to bypass that damned blocking? As i've said before, they are blocking only port 80.

Thanks,
Phil.

I don't quite understand you. If google is right 200 PLN is polish money and $67 dollars here in the US. What do you mean by I haven't paid for internet yet.

If your ISP is blocking port 80 oh well you can't get past that since they block the traffic even before coming to you.

My ISP block port 80 but only one way, you can get things from websites on port 80 you just can't host a web server (or anyting else for that matter on port 80)

This post smells kind of troll like.

Compucore
July 27th, 2009, 05:07 AM
If he has a persoanl website that will be shown to family, relatives, and friends locally that is not going to cause a lot of traffice to your high speed modem or desl connection. Then you might just be able to acces the router if it is connected to one or the built with some of the DSL modems and just change the outside port to something else and leave the one on the inside at port 80. I did that for some small tests with a few friends to see if the page would load at their end. Just forward the port to something diferent than what is blocked already.

I asked my ISP provider to see what they said. since it will be very little traffic for it and they said that is fine. Since there is no file sharing at all on the two servers that I am using over here.

Compucore

bear24rw
July 27th, 2009, 05:18 AM
my isp also blocks port 80 outbound just set apache to use another port and your g2g