PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hp tx1120us Wireless vanished

DigitalWolf333
July 27th, 2009, 03:03 AM
After first installing ubuntu on my laptop using the update manager and installing the drivers for my wireless card via the hardware installer. Suddenly all wireless options vanished! like i didn't even have the function! when it was working before i started up my laptop again for the third time.

can anyone help me, i've tried many tutorials and none work, help!!!!

i've even tried ndiswrapper,

this is one of the tutorials i tried

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3491929&postcount=257

DigitalWolf333
July 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ok so i reinstalled ubuntu 9.04 and reinstalled the drivers in the hardware installation window. i restarted and my wirelesss was back again...

after that i restarted 3 times with out doing anything to my computer...no problems at all there...

but after installing software and adding files from my back up disks then starting up again the next day my wireless is gone again...

could it be something i installed? i'll post later my synaptics instalation history in case something caused this somehow...

is there some way i could activate it my self?

masondixon
September 21st, 2009, 12:32 PM
If you already haven't gotten an answer to this, yours is a hardware problem. Your GPU is beginning to fail, and the first indication is the wireless card disappears. Ubuntu is just responding to its gone missing.
BTDT
mason