PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No resume image, doing normal boot...

vbrocz
July 26th, 2009, 06:57 PM
No resume image, doing normal boot...

Each time i start ubuntu 9.04 i get the above error, can someone tell me how to get the GUI???????

bad_crow
July 26th, 2009, 07:11 PM
hi,

I have this on all my linux, that's normal, the kernel seeks if the computer was sent to sleep, if there is no resume image, that's only because the computer wasn't hibernating, so there is nothing to resume, because nothing is pending.

But if you haven't the "GUI" (which I suppose is gnome), there's obviously a problem.

Is there anything else after "doing normal boot" or is it stuck as this line ? do you got a shell prompt ?
If you can go to the shell, try :
startx

this command normally launches the UI and gives the error when the UI can't be launched.

vbrocz
July 26th, 2009, 07:26 PM
It worked perfectly............

Thank you so much!

:popcorn::popcorn:

dindos
July 27th, 2009, 04:29 PM
hi,

I have this on all my linux, that's normal, the kernel seeks if the computer was sent to sleep, if there is no resume image, that's only because the computer wasn't hibernating, so there is nothing to resume, because nothing is pending.

But if you haven't the "GUI" (which I suppose is gnome), there's obviously a problem.

Is there anything else after "doing normal boot" or is it stuck as this line ? do you got a shell prompt ?
If you can go to the shell, try :
startx

this command normally launches the UI and gives the error when the UI can't be launched.
hi its really a pain in da .. this problem been facing for a month. i have the same problem dat the gui doesnot show up and been transferred to a shell .i have tried everything but all in vain.help

QuizasQuizas
August 30th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Hi all,

I'm actually having the same problem on boot-up; tried entering "startx" in the shell prompt and got this output:

waiting for X server to shut down error setting MTRR (base = 0x80000000, size = 0x10000000, type = 1) Invalid argument (22)
ddxSigGiveUp: Closing log