PDA

View Full Version : OpenLaptops

luca_linux
January 27th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Deleted

Lord Illidan
January 27th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Good idea, me thinks! Haven't got a laptop yet, but planning to get one in the near future.

xmastree
January 27th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I've popped the Toshiba forum's cherry! :rolleyes:

mohapi
January 27th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Looks nice! I'm going to check it out. :D

luca_linux
January 30th, 2006, 09:14 PM
So, what do you think about? Any suggestion?
Yeah, I know it's not so popular yet...but we hope it will be. Anyway, it's just 4 days old. :P

Derek Djons
January 30th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I've regged. I'm using my Acer TravelMate 290 (clone) and experienced how the specific problems where being solved by the community. Great plan, much luck. I've registered.

chimera
January 30th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I've never really used a laptop, but good luck with your forum:mrgreen:

xmastree
January 31st, 2006, 12:19 AM
So, what do you think about? Any suggestion?I've signed up and made some noise. Suggestions? Yeah, but I posted it in that forum rather than this one. Seems more appropriate somehow. :rolleyes:

mohapi
February 1st, 2006, 09:49 AM
So, what do you think about?

I like the site. It's lot more laptop-specific, and since that's my hobby, (http://img500.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mess6nf.jpg) I'm enjoying it.

xmastree
February 1st, 2006, 10:32 AM
I like the site. It's lot more laptop-specific, and since that's my hobby, (http://img500.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mess6nf.jpg) I'm enjoying it.Hmm... That looks familiar. :rolleyes:
At least I'm using the same screen name... :mrgreen:

Burgundavia
February 1st, 2006, 10:47 AM
In order for a project like this to really take, it must also bring in the developers. The reason you need developers on board is that it is ok to have a place that lists how well a laptop works. It is critical that something is actually done about those issues, because most users are not going to play with their laptop to get their hardware to work.

Currently the DCCA and Ubuntu are starting to work together on laptop support issues. (Amongst others). I suggest that you might want to speak the Ubuntu laptop people and their counterparts in the DCCA and see if openlaptops might be a nice neutral ground for all distros to colloborate and share code/solutions.

As a final note, if you have a piece of hardware that doesn't work/partially works in Ubuntu, please file a bug. Don't walk, run and file that bug.

Corey

luca_linux
February 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM
Thank you very much for the suggestion.
I think it's a great idea, hoping they'll accept.
What's the best way to get in touch with them? IRC? Email? Forum?

Vorian
February 1st, 2006, 07:04 PM
luca,

been a while, nice to see you back:)

luca_linux
February 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I was busy in the latest 4 months.
Now I'm back and ready for new projects. :)

eeclark
February 1st, 2006, 09:07 PM
I put my Dell D800 on there.
I will keep my eyes on that site for some tips and tricks for sure.
Thanks!

luca_linux
February 5th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Burgundavia, any new info?

luca_linux
June 25th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I just want to up this discussion a bit...maybe someone is interested in my forum...:P

diskotek
June 25th, 2007, 11:55 PM
nice...

i was thinking on howto hp compaq nx6110..just put the ubuntu feisty fawn and watch it :D

%hMa@?b<C
June 26th, 2007, 12:50 AM
never owned a laptop/