PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait for tomorrow.....

dragos240
July 26th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Can anyone guess why?

HappinessNow
July 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Can anyone guess why?

Is it your Birthday?

eragon100
July 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Are you going to get a new computer?

Graduate from school?

Get a new job?

miegiel
July 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I can't wait for tomorrow because the mail(wo)man will be delivering my new laptop \\:D/

So, what's tomorrow going to bring you ? It must be something nice too :D

TuckLive
July 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Your one year anniversary of joining the forums was yesterday so I don't know.

lukjad
July 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I'm going with what TuckLive said.

If not, some other Linux related event.

wojox
July 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Anniversary July 27, 1940 Bugs Bunny made his debut in the Warner Bros. animated cartoon "A Wild Hare."

dragos240
July 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM
One whole year of using linux non-stop. No using windows for an entire year.

HappinessNow
July 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Anniversary July 27, 1940 Bugs Bunny made his debut in the Warner Bros. animated cartoon "A Wild Hare."

also Anniversary: 1990 - Zsa Zsa Gabor begins a 3 day jail sentence for slapping a cop.

One whole year of using linux non-stop. No using windows for an entire year. Wow!

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment! I haven't even done that yet ~ still using Windows and Apple computers.

Perhaps when Google Chrome OS comes out I can join you.

TheNosh
July 26th, 2009, 01:07 PM

as long as that works for you thats awesome. congrats

personally i'd be upset if i didn't have windows (win 7 is a hell of a gaming platform). however i'd be more upset if i didn't have linux.

wojox
July 26th, 2009, 01:11 PM

That's a great accomplishment. I think they should send you a free ubuntu t-shirt. :D

lukjad
July 26th, 2009, 01:15 PM

Congrats! I wish I could say I hadn't used Windows, but I go to school. :(

dragos240
July 26th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Why not carry a usb drive. Linux on the go :D

Swarms
July 26th, 2009, 01:48 PM
It shouldn't really be an acomplishment, it is kind of sad really. :(

orion1315
July 26th, 2009, 02:16 PM
how is this kind of sad?

ComputerHermit
July 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM
wooooooopeeeeedoooo

Your a winner you got a free trip toooooooo

douchebag beach

Eisenwinter
July 26th, 2009, 02:38 PM
+1. I couldn't agree more.

Why is not using Windows for one year viewed upon as an accomplishment? This just shows that this forum is full of fanboys, or at least that's how it feels.

Sealbhach
July 26th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Why is not using Windows for one year viewed upon as an accomplishment? This just shows that this forum is full of fanboys, or at least that's how it feels.

It's the freakin Ubuntu forum, it ought to be full of freakin Ubuntu fans.

Congratulations Dragos.=D>

SuperSonic4
July 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM

A lot of schools and employers will suspend/sack you for doing such a thing

jonian_g
July 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM
That's a great accomplishment. I think they should send you a free ubuntu t-shirt. :D

I haven't used windows for three years. My pc is linux only after a week playing with the liveCD.

So can I get 3 free ubuntu t-shirts? :)

Oh wait, same goes for my brother and my girlfriend. Can they get free t-shirts too? :D

wojox
July 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM

What are fanboys? Sounds like your jealous.

FuturePilot
July 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM

You're kidding right?
Why is not using Windows for one year viewed upon as an accomplishment? Maybe because a lot of people here have been using Windows their entire life until now. Why should I view doing something for one year an accomplishment when I've already been doing it my entire life?

Honestly, I see nothing fanboyish in this thread. I love how when someone says something good about Linux or is excited that they've been using Linux for X amount of time, they get called a fanboy. Why aren't people allowed to get excited for something they like, especially on the official forum of that thing they like?

It's the freakin Ubuntu forum, it ought to be full of freakin Ubuntu fans.

Thank you.

dragos240
July 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Fanboy: A person obsessed with one thing.

Basically, windows bashers, etc.

jonian_g
July 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM
why aren't people allowed to get excited for something they like, especially on the official forum of that thing they like?

+1

tjwoosta
July 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
fanboy = demeaning way of saying fan

xpod
July 26th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Looking at my own join date here it would seem my 3 year milestone also came & went yesterday.....how time flies.
I cant say that 3 years without Windows on my own computers is any kind of accomplishment though,considering i only used the thing for a few short months.Now if i`d never stumbled across Ubuntu as quickly as i did and was still using Windows 3 years later ....then that would certainly be some kind of accomplishment.

miegiel
July 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Fanboy: A person obsessed with one thing.

Basically, windows bashers, etc.

Strange, I love bashing windows and love bashing apple even more. Yet I used both windows and OSX today :lolflag: but I've used ubunutu a lot more.

That said I think it's quite an accomplishment not to use windows for a whole year. I know I couldn't do it. Sooner or later I'll be forced to fall back on either OSX or windows :|

TheNosh
July 26th, 2009, 04:32 PM

i got in trouble for doing basically that at school. sure i never mounted their hard drives or did anything bad, but they didn't care.

dragos240
July 26th, 2009, 04:49 PM
My school allows it.

TheNosh
July 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM
My school allows it.

my school is clearly less smart. i tried to explain to them that i could actually get my work done faster in puppy linux than in the XP setup they had, but they insisted i must be using it as some kind of hacking tool to steal their passwords. however the kids that actually used OphCrack to get the admin passwords got in no trouble at all. (ironic, but good i suppose, mostly cause it was my ophcrack disk that they had borrowed)

dragos240
July 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Lulz.

Labello
July 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM
my school is clearly less smart. i tried to explain to them that i could actually get my work done faster in puppy linux than in the XP setup they had, but they insisted i must be using it as some kind of hacking tool to steal their passwords. however the kids that actually used OphCrack to get the admin passwords got in no trouble at all. (ironic, but good i suppose, mostly cause it was my ophcrack disk that they had borrowed)

BAM! nice one :D:D

lukjad
July 26th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Oh, I have it installed, but some teachers *require* me to use Windows. Or they will fail you, even if you got the work done. He says that he's not training me for the unemployment market, and so that I must use Windows.

praveesh
July 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM

Congrats, Dragos. Was it difficult? Did you sacrify any pleasure?

MickS
July 26th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Congratulations Dragos, I don't think it is an accomplishment either(too easy) but it is certainly a milestone worth celebrating, I was insufferable smug when I passed it back in January.

Mick

Swarms
July 27th, 2009, 05:04 AM
You're kidding right?
Why is not using Windows for one year viewed upon as an accomplishment? Maybe because a lot of people here have been using Windows their entire life until now. Why should I view doing something for one year an accomplishment when I've already been doing it my entire life?

Honestly, I see nothing fanboyish in this thread. I love how when someone says something good about Linux or is excited that they've been using Linux for X amount of time, they get called a fanboy. Why aren't people allowed to get excited for something they like, especially on the official forum of that thing they like?

Thank you.

I am not kidding and you are missing the point.
It is great that OP is satisfied with Ubuntu, but using Ubuntu should be so easy to use that the accomplishment is equal to drinking a glass of water, not winning an olympic medal.

So what I find sad is that many people find it that hard. The environment's (school, work etc.) fault of course.

Dullstar
July 27th, 2009, 07:51 AM

I don't think my school would like that :(

Yes, it's like you plug in the usb drive, boot into Linux, and ten seconds later find yourself hanging from the ceiling. Okay, maybe not, but still.

Use Windows like they want, and find yourself in a pool of your own blood from Windows chewing you out for some random thing. There's a program on the school computers that will treat you like you're trying to hack into the system or something! Wanna know how to make it pop up? Doing normal things that are nothing bad.

lisati
July 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Your one year anniversary of joining the forums was yesterday so I don't know.

Forgive me if I seem pedantic, but isn't an anniversary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anniversary) annual (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual) by definition?

TuckLive
July 27th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Forgive me if I seem pedantic, but isn't an anniversary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anniversary) annual (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual) by definition?

Yes it is. I just woke up so I'm not catching the error.

lisati
July 27th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Yes it is. I just woke up so I'm not catching the error.

I'm not overly worried, it was more of a relatively minor niggle on my part.

gnomeuser
July 27th, 2009, 01:14 PM

Excellent I am coming up on my 12th year of using 100% Linux and my t-shirt collection is wearing kind of thin.

dragos240
July 27th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Yay! 1 year of Linux!:D:D:popcorn::popcorn::KS:KS:P:P