PDA

View Full Version : How can I compile a xorg-driver?

luopio
January 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Hi. I've been trying to get my aiptektablet to work for years.. first with gentoo and now running ubuntu 5.10. I'm quite confident that compiling the newest xserver-driver from CVS would solve the rest of my problems with the tablet.

.. But I can't get it compiled. From CVS I get one c-file, one header-file and an Imakefile. Just figured out how to construct the Makefile with Imake. I did it like this in the driver directory:
$ imake -I/etc/X11/config/cf/

The result was a makefile. Then feeling optimistic I tried
make
And got
$ make
rm -f xf86Aiptek.o
gcc -m32 -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wundef -I. -I./programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common -I./programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/loader -I./programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support -I./programs/Xserver/include -I./programs/Xserver/mi -I/usr/include/X11 -I./include/extensions -I. -I./exports/include -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP -DXCSECURITY -DTOGCUP -DXF86BIGFONT -DDPMSExtension -DPIXPRIV -DPANORAMIX -DRENDER -DRANDR -DXFIXES -DDAMAGE -DCOMPOSITE -DXEVIE -DGCCUSESGAS -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT -DPIXPRIV -DSINGLEDEPTH -DXFreeXDGA -DXvExtension -DXFree86LOADER -DXFree86Server -DXF86VIDMODE -DXvMCExtension -DSMART_SCHEDULE -DBUILDDEBUG -DXResExtension -DX_BYTE_ORDER=X_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DXORG_VERSION_CURRENT="(((6) * 10000000) + ((8) * 100000) + ((2) * 1000) + 0)" -DNDEBUG -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO -DIN_MODULE -DXFree86Module -c xf86Aiptek.c
In file included from xf86Aiptek.c:163:
xf86Aiptek.h:57:25: error: xf86Version.h: No such file or directory
xf86Aiptek.h:59:18: error: misc.h: No such file or directory
xf86Aiptek.h:60:18: error: xf86.h: No such file or directory
xf86Aiptek.h:61:24: error: xf86_ansic.h: No such file or directory
xf86Aiptek.h:62:18: error: xisb.h: No such file or directory
xf86Aiptek.h:64:25: error: xf86_OSproc.h: No such file or directory
[...... continues like this for pages.....]

Couldn't find the needed header-files with locate and couldn't find an appropriate package through synaptic. Where are they? Anything else I need to do to get this driver compiled?