Count down to March 5, 2010

Tim Burton and Johnny Depp join together to bring us Alice in Wonderland

http://www.hulu.com/watch/85149/movie-trailers-alice-in-wonderland

This is very exciting!

Barrucadu
July 26th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Oh. My. God.

*adds to calendar*

Tim Burton and Jonny Depp have to be the best director-actor pair there is.

HappinessNow
July 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Oh. My. God.

*adds to calendar*

Tim Burton and Jonny Depp have to be the best director-actor pair there is.

Agreed 100%! This is one film I will be looking forward to next year.

I have been waiting for someone to make an up-to-date version of Alice in Wonderland

I would like to see one based on the America McGee's Alice video game.

HappinessNow
March 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Oh. My. God.

*adds to calendar*

Tim Burton and Jonny Depp have to be the best director-actor pair there is.I got tickets to see this tonight in IMAX & 3D!!! very exciting!!!

toupeiro
March 5th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Personally, I thought Johnny Depp in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory was a total flop compared to the original, which still manages to captivate young audiences. Alice in Wonderland was another one of those "gems" that was made without realizing how influential and how much of a classic it would be in the years to come. I have a feeling This Alice in Wonderland will be at the same calibur as Willy Wonka, ergo, I'm not going to get my hopes up at all, in fact, I may wait until Netflix has it...

audiomick
March 5th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Personally, I thought Johnny Depp in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory was a total flop compared to the original, which still manages to captivate young audiences. Alice in Wonderland was another one of those "gems" that was made without realizing how influential and how much of a classic it would be in the years to come. I have a feeling This Alice in Wonderland will be at the same calibur as Willy Wonka, ergo, I'm not going to get my hopes up at all, in fact, I may wait until Netflix has it...
I feel a bit the same. I haven't been impressed with what Disney has done in the last decade or so. And I got a bit of a confirmation the other day. I was in a book shop at the station whilst waiting for a train, and found a copy of "Alice in Wonderland".

As it happens, I have just recently read the original. I picked up the one in the bookshop and flipped through, and very quickly discovered things that are not in the original. Then I noticed that the cover also didn't mention Lewis Caroll (or if it did, it was in very small print).

Disney has HAD THE NERVE to REWRITE A CLASSIC!!! This is something I cannot accept, and completely fail to understand...

HappinessNow
March 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Keep in mind that this is a 19 year old Alice who returns to Wonderland so there is no comparison/contrast that exist in movies or to the classic book itself.

Tristam Green
March 5th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Keep in mind that this is a 19 year old Alice who returns to Wonderland so there is no comparison/contrast that exist in movies or to the classic book itself.

Uh, this film is based a little more on "Through the Looking-Glass" than the first book.

HappinessNow
March 6th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Uh, this film is based a little more on "Through the Looking-Glass" than the first book.Yes, obviously.

Just got back from Alice in Wonderland IMAX 3D, this is perhaps the best movie in the history of ever! ;)

NCLI
March 6th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I'm en route to Copenhagen now to watch it in one of the best cinemas in Denmark. I'm just a little nervous, since the metascore isn't looking too good.

gymophett
March 6th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Yes, obviously.

Just got back from Alice in Wonderland IMAX 3D, this is perhaps the best movie in the history of ever! ;)

Ahh. YUSS. I'm going to see it later today, on a BIG screen in 3D.

I've heard it was AMAZING, and I've heard it was just "okay".

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. I haven't slept all night I've been so excited. URGGHHH! I'm just so ready.

HappinessNow
March 7th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Ahh. YUSS. I'm going to see it later today, on a BIG screen in 3D.

I've heard it was AMAZING, and I've heard it was just "okay".

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. I haven't slept all night I've been so excited. URGGHHH! I'm just so ready.

The actress who plays Alice is perfect, I also enjoyed the red queen very much. Johnny Depp did an awesome job of the Mad-hatter...overall this is an awesome movie.

I highly recommend to see it IMAX 3D if you can.

BenAshton24
March 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM

I totally agree about Willy Wonka, I watched the original the other night for the first time since I was about 7 and It is truly a great film... so long as you ignore the obscene amount of innuendos :P

HappinessNow
March 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I'm en route to Copenhagen now to watch it in one of the best cinemas in Denmark. I'm just a little nervous, since the metascore isn't looking too good.
I can honestly say this is one of the best movies ever made. I saw it opening night in IMAX 3D and highly suggest if you can to do the same.

It would be a shame not to see this in IMAX/3D.

This is also a movie that can be enjoyed multiple times.

HappinessNow
March 7th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Mods please merge this older mis-titled thread with this one:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1223406

This is one of the best movies of the century. The actress who played Alice is perfect, Johnny Depp does an awesome Mad-Hatter and the Red Queen is fabulous!

If you can see it IMAX 3D definitely do, anything less would not give this movie justice.

audiomick
March 7th, 2010, 03:13 PM
It would be a shame not to see this in IMAX/3D.
Not much point in 3D for me, only one eye works...
I will probably go and see it sometime though. My mum saw it, and said it was fun, although only remotely related to the book whose title it uses.

overdrank
March 7th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Threads merged