PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nautilus tool bar screwed up

jeenuv
July 26th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Hi,

I happen to install nautilus after adding the 100 paper cuts repository to sources.list. I didn't like the look and feel; and later I removed those PPA's from sources.list, and reinstalled nautilus. Now what I see is that my tool bar icons are missing, except the back and forward ones. Any way to get the missing ones back?

Thanks
:J

gettinoriginal
July 26th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Have never had that problem, but maybe try right click, customize, restore defaults (?)

jeenuv
July 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
You mean right-click on the tool bar? I'm not getting any menu if I do so! :(

wojox
July 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
So are the icons missing or greyed out?

gettinoriginal
July 26th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Go to View > Toolbars, is navigation toolbar checked ?? If not, and you check it, did that solve the problem ?? If not, go back to view > Toolbars > customize and select "restore defaults" on the bottom right corner.

jeenuv
July 27th, 2009, 02:49 AM
@wojox: icons are missing altogether
@gettinoriginal: I don't think I have such a menu item

Please see the screenshot attached.

gettinoriginal
July 27th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Sorry, I was looking at firefox toolbar, duh I really appologize, probably need more sleep. :oops:

jeenuv
August 2nd, 2009, 06:25 AM
I don't know what's going on. After a freeze, I was surprised to see what my Nautilus look like. Please see the screen shot attached. I've no idea what went wrong. Is there anyway to get back the sane Nautilus?

gettinoriginal
August 2nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
select view and check side pane:

jeenuv
August 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
I knew that. But look at my view menu!

TJUndead
August 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I have a similar problem here. After a freeze and restart of the X, my nautilus looks like theres no icons on toolbar. When I go to Edit/Toolbar, this is what I see. Theres no icons to include or modify....

Any help on this is apreciated.

jeenuv
August 8th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I sort of worked around my problem. Please see this: https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/78985

TJUndead
August 8th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I solved my problem downgrading the version of nautilus. I see on Synaptic that the bug is an PPA version that update manager installed yesterday, só I downgraded nautilus and loked it one version below, and now everything is fine. :P

jeenuv
August 9th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Could you please tell me what commands you used to downgrade and lock?

rev087
May 2nd, 2010, 02:34 AM
Same problem...installed something that messed up Nautilus, decided to apt-get remove, apt-get install...and now it's missing the toolbar and breadcrumb.

Screenshot attached