PDA

View Full Version : Games for Ubuntu drive?

C0ND0RIT0
July 25th, 2009, 11:03 PM
IS there such a thing going on right now? I mean hopefully game devs will realize that a copy of Windows I don't buy means about 6 awesome games I now have money to buy. I have switched entirely to Ubuntu, I've just been too lazy to get rid of the Windows partition, but with Ubuntu 9.04 64 bits I got hooked, I can't go back.

pro003
July 25th, 2009, 11:14 PM
and what your point is supposed to be?

C0ND0RIT0
July 25th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Point being I want games for Windows to be released for Ubuntu too/instead.

philcamlin
July 25th, 2009, 11:19 PM
and what your point is supposed to be?

i dont see your point either :) please be more specific

i think your trying to say theres no games for ubuntu?

correct me if im wrong

C0ND0RIT0
July 25th, 2009, 11:41 PM
^ Kind of.. I know that there are indeed games for Ubuntu, I want more. I want games to run in Ubuntu natively, no Wine, no Cedega, so far... I've been double booting solely because of the gaming thing. I would like to play Bioshock and many others, but I don't want to use Windows.

BslBryan
July 25th, 2009, 11:59 PM
There are actually tons of games for Linux. Most are free, as well.

My favorite's Nexuiz. :-)

C0ND0RIT0
July 26th, 2009, 12:03 AM
So there's no such drive then, question indirectly answered.

snargfish
July 26th, 2009, 12:06 AM
So there's no such drive then, question indirectly answered.

If you mean exclusively commercial games, there are a few.

pro003
July 26th, 2009, 10:40 AM
i dont see your point either :) please be more specific

i think your trying to say theres no games for ubuntu?

correct me if im wrong

man just told me what he means:

Point being I want games for Windows to be released for Ubuntu too/instead.

No definitely am not saying there's no games for ubuntu, actually I have installed couple of them in my ubuntu. Anyhow, I got the point. Well unfortunately game devs are focused like most hardware manufacturers on windows and that's the nasty fact, hopefully people like you and me can make a difference by promoting linux as an fair and honest alternative to gates imperialistic monopoly, and some day I hope soon the game devs and hardware manufacturers will more focus on linux and open source community.
For now I could only advice you to google for 'top linux games (http://www.google.com/search?q=top+linux+games&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a)' and see whats in and whats out right now.
When I argue with people about who's better, they always keep telling me I can play this and that on windows, but what they miss is what they don't know. Being a linux man is being your own, something people are not aware of.

linuxguymarshall
July 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Make better tools. I am a game developer and one of the reasons I prefer Microsoft for games is Visual Studio. There is not an IDE that can compare with it. And then you have all the nice things Microsoft provides like XNA which is very useful and powerful.