PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wine installed - Now Ubuntu-Menu has a Bug!

Dreami78
July 25th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Hello Users

First, sorry my english but i come from switzerland. I have a problem after a Wine-Installation, unfortunately nobody in german forums can help me with this problem. So i hope you can :-)

Ok. I need often Paltalk and this is why i have search a possibility to install Paltalk on Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope.

I have found the step here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwKw4V_XvOY

So i have installed Wine 0.9.3, then i have see that in this link he recommendet to take Wine 1.1.17, why he has testet with this Version. So i unstalled Wine and installed Version 1.1.7 from the Website (in .Deb.Format.

Then i have installed:

-ies4linux
-Msn Messenger 7.0
-Paltalk

The first try Paltalk dont go, its why i have all removed and make all steps new.

Then i have installed winetricks. Paltalk was running fine, Msn Messenger and Internet Explorer too!

But, then i have see that i can't use the icon-link in my Ubuntu-Main-Menu, for example in the Main-Menu i can't open my Home-Folder with the Button "Home", and i can't open Downloads, Pictures etc too!

Whats this! Crazy. Ok so i have uninstalled Wine completly (with purge), delete all folders, programms and configuration from wine.

Answer Ubuntu with all Menu-Links runs fine!

But i need Paltalk, so i have reinstalled Wine, this one in Version 1.0.1, without Paltalk etc just for testing. The same problem, the Menu from Ubuntu has a Bug but Wine runs fine.

Note, that i can open only the link "Computer" in Ubuntu-Menu (from places only), this one run, when i am in the folder "Computer" i can normaly open all other Folder "Home" etc.

Note too, that with Intrepid Wine and Ubuntu runs fine. (But bevore upgrade i has uninstalled wine)

Please can you help me?

I wish to use Wine and Ubuntu at the same time without poblems.

Sorry its a long history but i hope to give you all information you need.

Thanks for time and help :-)

Dreami

Please can you help me?