PDA

View Full Version : How to you find the forum admins? Good or iresponsible. Please reply!

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I was recently given Infraction for no reason and would like some clarification on this matter from the community.
(I'm new to the forums but not ubuntu)
See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7675319

snargfish
July 25th, 2009, 09:46 AM
It was reversed. What's the problem?

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Well I don't appreciate it staying in my profile. I never had problems with admins of other forums. Even of other linux distros

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Well that admin said he doesn't believe in the end and then ignored my messages! mad:

here are his messages
You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums
Dear kdetech,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: spam
-------
Hello,

You edited these posts to create link through traffic to your site. This is not only spam but extremely underhanded and annoying spam. From here forward, all of your posts will need to be reviewed by a member of the staff before they can be seen.

Thank you,
dmizer
-------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7669882
Quote:Do you know the default wallpaper for windows 7, it has a fish see (http://www.mydigitallife.info/wp-con...-wallpaper.jpg) but thats for windows fans. We ubuntu users will prefer this http://rapidshare.de/files/47108237/...7Fish.zip.html

All the best,
Ubuntu Forums

Quote:Originally Posted by kdetech
Sorry I think your mistaken that is not my site. I just got info of the wallpaper from someone's post on kde-look.org here http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...content=104561

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I'm willing to admit that I may be mistaken. That's why I just put you on moderation, but when I clicked on this link: http://www.mydigitallife.info/wp-con...gitallife.jpeg, I didn't see the image you referenced above. I saw an advertisement for My Digital Life.

Thank you,
dmizer

Re: You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums
Quote:Originally Posted by kdetech
Thanks no problem. Just take care next time.

Hello,

I do not consider this matter resolved. Again, the links in your post do not reference the image you sent me from the kdelook site. The image I see when I click on the links is an advertisement for My Digital Life. Advertisements are strictly prohibited on this forum.

The infraction remains until you can satisfactorily explain why the links show advertisements instead of wallpapers.

Thank you,
dmizer

(P.S I had told him about how I first knew about the wallpaper on kde-look.org)

snargfish
July 25th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Well I don't appreciate it staying in my profile. I never had problems with admins of other forums. Even of other linux distros

Relax little KDE dragon. No one cares that you got an infraction, it's not like it makes you an outcast.
They are handed out like candy here.

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 10:00 AM
(Oops mistake I already posted!)

t0p
July 25th, 2009, 10:02 AM
This should be in Forum Feedback, methinks. Or Resolution Centre. Not here.

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 10:03 AM
They are handed out like candy here.

With or without reason:(

snargfish
July 25th, 2009, 10:05 AM
With or without reason:(

From what I have read & heard, both.

Giant Speck
July 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM
It's probably because you're not being completely clear in your messages to him, so he's misunderstanding you.

You need to say the following specific message to him to get the message across clearly:

"The link I provided does not redirect to a page with advertisements. It redirects to an error page because the website protects its images from hotlinking. I did not realize this when I first posted the link in the forum. I was not intending to spam the forum as I was not even aware that the link I provided was bad. I apologize for the misunderstanding and I hope you will consider reversing the infraction you gave me. Thank you."

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah well can you believe it he actually thought I owned mydigitallife.com That would be grand!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn ::popcorn:

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I believe there should be a way for normal users to report admins too

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Seems like most have voted IRRESPONSIBLE so far.

snargfish
July 25th, 2009, 10:21 AM
No admins online? This could last a while...

stwschool
July 25th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Frankly your posts have been immensely annoying. Calm down, have a cup of tea, lie down and come back when you're feeling a little better. At present you're coming off as a 13 year old kid having a strop (no idea how old you actually are but it just seems this way).

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Well if they really are responsible they should reply not close the thread. Or consider a method to report themselves.

snargfish
July 25th, 2009, 10:31 AM
The infraction was reversed, and the admin apologized. What more do you want? Blood?

Nburnes
July 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM
The infraction was reversed, and the admin apologized. What more do you want? Blood?

That is what it seems.......

t0p
July 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Well if they really are responsible they should reply not close the thread. Or consider a method to report themselves.

Who would you like to report them to? And why can't you do that already?

stwschool
July 25th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Why should they report themselves? They've done nothing wrong. Now, I do not wish to receive PMs from you. I was simply giving you advice, and telling you how you are looking on here. If, as your PM states, you are looking for user opinions, then that is a user opinion.

I've moderated forums in the past, and frankly it's an impossible job. Everyone has their own idea on how it can be done, and you'll never please everyone. In the end, you don't want to. You should judge the admins on the quality of their community, as that is affected by the rules and their enforcement, due to them encouraging or discouraging different types of poster. I regard these as quality forums (I hadn't originally planned to hang around this long when I first posted a support question, I've struggled to keep away) and the community is friendly and helpful. Stick around, behave for a while, and just watch how everyone else does things, and you'll learn what's expected, and you'll find yourself learning more about linux, and enjoying your linux installation that bit more.

Giant Speck
July 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM
The infraction remains until you can satisfactorily explain why the links show advertisements instead of wallpapers.

Thank you,
dmizer

"The link I provided does not redirect to a page with advertisements. It redirects to an error page because the website protects its images from hotlinking. I did not realize this when I first posted the link in the forum. I was not intending to spam the forum as I was not even aware that the link I provided was bad. I apologize for the misunderstanding and I hope you will consider reversing the infraction you gave me. Thank you."

Again, this is all you have to say to him.

snargfish
July 25th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I'm confused now. Was the infraction reversed or not?

Giant Speck
July 25th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I'm confused now. Was the infraction reversed or not?

No, the infraction still stands because the OP can't form a sentence comprehensible enough for the admin to understand him.

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the text I ought to reply.

And to the rest stop poking me!

All forgotton:KS

snargfish
July 25th, 2009, 10:42 AM
No, the infraction still stands because the OP can't form a sentence comprehensible enough for the admin to understand him.

Ok now I understand better. I could perfectly understand what he said in the Resolution Center, so actually I think he has a point.

kdetech
July 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Well I guess beeing an admin is a demanding job. And everyone can make mistakes. All forgiven