PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install window is resized to minimum ... I can't do anything with it!

epp_b
July 25th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I'm installing Ubuntu 9.04. During working with the partitions, I just closed the "reading disks..." window just to get it out the way (I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem).

The install window I see is just this:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3686/screenshotinstallingsysv.png

Now, it seems the CD has stopped spinning and the hard drive is no longer being written to, so I guess the install is done ... but I can't do anything about it!

How do I resize the window or otherwise get it into a state in which I can actually see it and control it?

fbugnon
July 25th, 2009, 06:02 AM
I'm installing Ubuntu 9.04. During working with the partitions, I just closed the "reading disks..." window just to get it out the way (I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem).

I think the installation program took it as a cancel order... :) but couldn't hand-it correctly and crashed, leaving you with this mini-window.

It looks like the installation it-self was not yet started, so the best to do would be to reboot and start over again.

epp_b
July 25th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Ah... a new window pops up when it's finished installing, so it's all good (and it did install). Thanks.

One more thing: I overwrote the MBR (intentionally). How to I reinstall grub onto a SATA drive?

epp_b
July 25th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Never mind, I found it. I initially tested this setup in a VM. I needed to use (hd0,2) on the metal for my particular disk structure, instead of (hd0,1) like on the VM.

Thanks for helping me help myself ;)