PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstall

iamsolo
July 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Ok i want to uninstall ubuntu completely i really like it though and everything but i cant use alot of stuff on windows i have tried everything on google and cant uninstall it could someone help me please i am a complete noob to OS i only create websites

wojox
July 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Are you dual booting?
Is it a wubi install?
Entire disk?

iamsolo
July 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM
im using Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope and no im not duel booting

theozzlives
July 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ok i want to uninstall ubuntu completely i really like it though and everything but i cant use alot of stuff on windows i have tried everything on google and cant uninstall it could someone help me please i am a complete noob to OS i only create websites

Linux is not Windows. That's the beauty of it. :D

tacantara
July 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
im using Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope and no im not duel booting

Have you considered setting up a dual-boot system or create a virtual machine to run Windows on? There are plenty of Ubuntu users who do one or the other, because there's just no Linux equivalent for certain programs.

There are threads throughout this forum that explain how to set up dual-boots and virtual machines. Each one has its pros and cons.

iamsolo
July 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM
i know but i thought i could run some of the programs as i code websites i need photoshop and dreamweaver

EDIT : yeh but dont you need to first install windows then ubuntu?

iamsolo
July 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM
i have thought about duel booting sounds good

iamsolo
July 24th, 2009, 10:50 AM
can anyone tell me how to fully uninstall it

presence1960
July 24th, 2009, 11:39 AM
can anyone tell me how to fully uninstall it

boot from the Ubuntu live cd. choose "try ubuntu without any changes to your computer". when the desktop loads go System > Administration > Partition Editor. Either format your disk as NTFS or delete Ubuntu's partition(s) and leave them as unallocated space. Then quit the Live CD and boot from your Windows disk.

presence1960
July 24th, 2009, 11:43 AM
i know but i thought i could run some of the programs as i code websites i need photoshop and dreamweaver

EDIT : yeh but dont you need to first install windows then ubuntu?

No you do not need to install windows first. That is a myth perpetuated on this forum with no basis in fact. The only time that is necessary is if you have recovery partition or recovery CD/DVD as these format your entire hard disk to windows file system. That is the only example where you must install windows first. if you want instructions on how to install windows after ubuntu post back here.