PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Windows

Utsukushii Tsubasa
July 24th, 2009, 09:04 AM
alright. i want to switch to windows. but when i tried XP didnt work. so i tried a Win98 and win95cd. i figured if i went from win98 or so i could build up. well win98 was the only one that would pick up. it would bring me to the part where it would say "erase hard drive (recommended)" or something and then it would say the process could not be preformed because its missing ms-dos. any help?
and also, i do love using ubuntu, but i cant play my fav. game on here so i at least need to partion, in wich case id still need this help

thanks in advance.

moster
July 24th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I suggest you find yourself nice windows forum and ask there for help. This is LINUX forum.

presence1960
July 24th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Boot from the Ubuntu Live CD. Choose "try ubuntu without any changes to your computer". When the desktop loads go System > Administration > Partition Editor. Using this software delete all Ubuntu partitions. You can format the resulting space as NTFS or leave it as unallocated space. Quit the Ubuntu live CD and boot your windows install CD.

Sorry about the previous comment. I will try to help you as it is obvious that you gave Ubuntu a try, you are not a windows only user in the wrong forum.

Looking at your previous posts maybe you should consider a dual boot between Ubuntu & windows. That way you can run those programs that are windows programs in windows and have Ubuntu for the rest. This has another decided advantage. because you would have windows to fall back on if you get stuck, you can learn ubuntu at your own pace, there would be no rush. if you can't figure something out in ubuntu you can boot into windows and complete your task. Then you can come back here for help with Ubuntu. Just a suggestion, but if you choose to be windows only good luck. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about your choice of OS. There is no shame in using Windows. I say this even though I strongly dislike windows. I respect your freedom and right to choose.

Utsukushii Tsubasa
July 24th, 2009, 04:13 PM
thanks. ill give that a try.

Utsukushii Tsubasa
July 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM
good news. i did the ubuntu live cd idea and partioned the drive through there, and im glad to say it worked. since i cannot find the live cd that came with my pc, i cannot revert or partition my hard drive yet. (were not going to go into how i found out if it worked or not due to minor legal issues) but thank you for helping me. now i know what to do when i finally find the disc.
also i only forgot about the partition idea. i do like using ubuntu alot ^.^