PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Support for the installation of the GeForce 6200 board

kplan
July 24th, 2009, 02:21 AM
hello everyone!

I will explain as best I can the problem I have,,,

I have an abit motherboard onboard, and he bought a video card geforce 6200 512mb,,
the problem is that want to install the drivers with the cd, is that when you restart the install but no changes occur, that is, that when you go to display settings can not change the resolution or anything,,,

I tried in different ways, and went back to try to uninstall from Administrcion device, the route is under E: and so when you install it and restart not arise changes,
if I go to device management, as it recognizes the name of the board but appears with the symbol and the yellow exclamation as "damaged" ..

and try to download the latest driver acualizacion the Nvidia website, but passes the same, install it and no changes occur,,,

good to know I ask the question, please help me,,, everything that I can bring to me,,

thanks

dagrump
July 24th, 2009, 03:34 AM
The drivers on the CD are for MS products & won't install.
Are you running Ubuntu or are you running Ubuntu inside Windows, using Wubi?

kplan
July 24th, 2009, 03:45 AM
The drivers on the CD are for MS products & won't install.
Are you running Ubuntu or are you running Ubuntu inside Windows, using Wubi?

sorry, but I did not understand what you mean

dagrump
July 24th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Is the computer running Ubuntu on a actual partition, or is it installed in Windows?

kplan
July 24th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Is the computer running Ubuntu on a actual partition, or is it installed in Windows?

to see if I understand what you mean,,

I am running Ubuntu from another pc and
I am trying to install the driver on a pc with Win XP SP2,

I was more clear?