PDA

View Full Version : Choose to become a CEO

nipunreddevil
July 23rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
If you were given special powers and you could choose to be CEO of any one company,which one would you choose and why?

gastly
July 23rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
you posted it in the wrong forum ;)
It should've been posted to: The Community Cafe (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=298) or similar.

Mods please move this :)

gastly
July 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
oh and btw, I'd love to be the CEO of M$, and release the windows code in GPL lol

nipunreddevil
July 23rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
oh and btw, I'd love to be the CEO of M$, and release the windows code in GPL lol
CEO of Microsoft,that is really good.
Do you think the open source community would have worked so hard,if it didnt have big companies like MS opposite it.

ibuclaw
July 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Thread Moved. :D

SunnyRabbiera
July 23rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
my choices are Ubuntu, Microsoft and Intel.
I would actually like to be the head of Intel and see if I could make the processors cheaper and of course contribute to open source.
I would also like to be the head of Microsoft so I can turn the company upside down in my favor :D

Sealbhach
July 23rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Excuse the pedantry but it's Canonical, not Ubuntu.

Mornedhel
July 23rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
I would not like to become a CEO.

uberdonkey5
July 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
+1

time is more valuable than money

avacomputers
July 23rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
I would choose MS, I think there are a alot than can be done differently.

DeadSuperHero
July 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
I would be my own CEO, for a company I make from the ground up. No point in replacing people in other companies who use completely different tactics of marketing, development, and design. I'd rather have my own signature touch on things.

gastly
July 23rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thread Moved. :D

CEO of Microsoft,that is really good.
Do you think the open source community would have worked so hard,if it didnt have big companies like MS opposite it.

Maybe...or maybe not. No one can really tell ;)
If it wasn't for MS and co. maybe there wouldn't be enough competition in the OSS (Open Source Software) community. It's always the urge to 'make it better' that has driven the open source projects. So, if it wasn't for the companies like MS, I don't think we would've evolved that much this fast ;)

I think we should thank MS for that...it has done one good thing after all :mrgreen:

rbishop
July 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
I would personally prefer to be a large share holder in Google but if I could only be a CEO I would have to say....Google and AMD.

Google - Heck I would settle for being a janitor at google......

AMD - Great company with great product.....

nipunreddevil
July 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Excuse the pedantry but it's Canonical, not Ubuntu.

Sorry for that.
Hope people realize what i meant and forgive me if i have offended anyone

toupeiro
July 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
My choice isn't up there. I would have chosen NVidia

RiceMonster
July 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
I clicked them all 'cause I'm cool like that.

zoomy942
July 23rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
I'd like to the the CEO of Verizon. seeing new devices before anyone else.

nipunreddevil
July 23rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
My choice isn't up there. I would have chosen NVidia
I fully agree Nvidia is awesome ,sorry had a limitation of ten for the poll.guess i stressed very little on hardware.
Point to be noted for future threads

windows-killer
July 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I would vote for Google. Google seems very competitive agains:Pt M$ and I like competition!

Tristam Green
July 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
I would be my own CEO, for a company I make from the ground up. No point in replacing people in other companies who use completely different tactics of marketing, development, and design. I'd rather have my own signature touch on things.

Naw man, I chose UBUNTU. Being the CEO of an operating system would be AWESOME. Forget being the CEO of its holding entity, leading the OS ITSELF!? TOO COOL.

mali2297
July 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Since I would be totally incompetent as a CEO and probably ruin the company, I choose Microsoft.

linuxguymarshall
July 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
I would not like to be a CEO of any of them. Too much bureaucracy. If I joined Intel I could not use AMD processors and vice versa. If I became CEO of Microsoft my iPod, Google, and Linux would all go out the window. CEO of Apple and my Zune, Linux and custom build PCs would be defunct. And you can't really just change things if you become a CEO, it has to go through the Board of Directors and other officials and they just want to make money.