PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] lost desktop control

i-like-knives
July 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Hey,
Slowly but surely, I have lost control over my desktop settings. At first, it started out that I had an unreadable title bar (in "tommy gun" font) that I couldn't change in my settings mgr. Now, The desktop has lost about 1/6 th of its size, it has become so small I can hardly read the text, and my appearance settings are not only inop, I cannot even open other tabs in the mgr. I was able to change the wallpaper, but it then again "locked up".
Suggestions? Maybe the best to do is to get rid of my current settings manager and upload something else??
if so, would you please give me the way to do same. I have been through synaptic to try and reload the desktop, to no avail. Also curious is that compiz-config seems to be missing from my systems menu.
I am using kubuntu (not sure why) but could get by fine with just ubuntu and a simple gnaome desktop.
Much appreciated in advance.

i-like-knives
July 23rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Moved this to gen-help--reason: No help here

Dullstar
July 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Your user information says you have Kubuntu 7.10. I'd upgrade to at least 8.04, though I haven't tried it before, though I'm going to burn a CD of it sometime.