PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No printer

dougalkerr
July 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Can't get printer connected to another PC to work. I can gain access to the PC across my companies Network as I have permissions and I can see the printer but, I can't get it working...

ugm6hr
July 23rd, 2009, 10:00 PM
Easiest way is to use the IP address and the printer share name.

Is the computer that has the printer connect an Ubuntu or Windows PC?

dougalkerr
August 15th, 2009, 12:21 PM
It is connected to a Windows PC unfortunately. I will try what you suggest. If I can get this to work it will be another feather in Ubunu's cap because our Network guys can't get it to work more than once, ie; when they first connect to the other PC and have to logon to gain access to the printer, everything works and we can print but, after shutting down the PCs for the night and trying the same again the next day, the connection is lost and we can't even logon again. Another Network bod had a go and changed the Domain of my PC so that both machines were working off the same Domain and we could exchange files from a shared folder on the remote PC but, we still can't get access to print. The printer is seen and we send a page to print but, nothing happens. No error message on either machine, nothing. The latest printer drivers have been loaded, sharing has been checked, permissions checked, etc.