PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wubi error "unsubscriptable object"

Theory5
July 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hey, I recently partitioned my laptop so I could dual-boot Ubuntu and vista on it(Vista is already on it). It has been having some difficulty installing, so I downloaded Unetbootin and ran it on my second HDD partition. The only problem is that when I boot my computer the BIOS only sees the harddrive and boots from the first partition, not the second one. So in windows I ran the wubi application and tried to install the boot helper. After 2 hours or so it finally stopped right at the end to give me the error "unsubscriptable object". Is there a way around this? Could I install another bootloader so I can see and boot from the second partition? please help.
And can ubuntu use the NTFS file system? Cause thats what I have formatted the second partition as so I could put the Ubuntu installation there.

Mark Phelps
July 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
And can ubuntu use the NTFS file system? Cause thats what I have formatted the second partition as so I could put the Ubuntu installation there.

NO. Ubuntu needs to be installed using Ext3 or Ext4. Wubi installs don't care because they really create a file on an existing partition that serves as an installation.