PDA

View Full Version : How many ubuntu remixes do we need?

dragos240
July 22nd, 2009, 01:23 AM
I would say besides the official ones, none. Honestly I'm seeing way too many remixes. IMHO, most of these remixes are just ubuntu, with a very small change, I mean, what's the point?

Mehall
July 22nd, 2009, 01:32 AM
I would say besides the official ones, none. Honestly I'm seeing way too many remixes. IMHO, most of these remixes are just ubuntu, with a very small change, I mean, what's the point?

I'm sure people like you at first said the same, before there were any of the official ones.

Then Kubuntu was adopted, then Xubuntu.

I use Crunchbang.

it's more than a small change.

yabbadabbadont
July 22nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
The point is that someone felt the need to make them. Hence there was a need, if only in that one person's mind. Ain't FOSS great? ;)

dragos240
July 22nd, 2009, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I know.

ratcheer
July 22nd, 2009, 02:02 AM
I agree, 0 would be good.

Tim

aysiu
July 22nd, 2009, 03:24 AM
I disagree. There may be only a few people who find my Ubuntu HP Mini Remix useful, but those who did were extremely grateful for it.

It's no skin off your back that my remix exists. Live and let live. Seriously. Do something productive instead of attacking other people's efforts.

reyfer
July 22nd, 2009, 03:28 AM
How many ubuntu remixes do we need?

As many as there can be. That is the beauty of FOSS. What is a minor change for you, covers a need for someone else.

Viva
July 22nd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Someone felt the need to make them and a lot of people use them, I don't see why you seem to be so upset about them.