PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Volume control has no effect in Firefox(flash videos)

KinKiac
July 21st, 2009, 11:11 PM
Hello all! I have been having a bit of a problem with firefox. I noticed it just after I installed. The main volume control has no effect on my flash videos(or possibly at all in firefox, I just noticed the video part). I can mute the main volume but I will still get sound when watching video on youtube, etc. Is there any way to get my firefox to recognize my main volume seetings?

Thanks!

Michaelg14
July 22nd, 2009, 01:04 AM
Try right clicking on the volume icon in the top panel and selecting "Open volume control". See if any of the sliders that come up help with Firefox. The sliders available depend on what device is selected. Try different devices if you have any.

KinKiac
July 22nd, 2009, 03:22 AM
Thanks, I will try that when I get home(at work). I thought it was weird though that when I mute the master volume it doesnt affect firefox. I would have assumed that muting the master volume control would mute everything, regardless of device or app.

KinKiac
August 2nd, 2009, 04:06 AM
Im just writing to advise that I got it working. Thanks for the help Michaelg14. As far as I can tell it is just that the master volume control doesnt affect my browser volume, I just have to use the second slider( I forget what its labeled and am not at home right now) and it works to control volume on flash vids etc.

Again, thanks help