PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual boot 32bit and 64bit, Clonezilla issue

ashughes
July 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM
I have an issue dual booting Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit and 64-bit from the same hard drive (different partitions) after restoring using Clonezilla.

I installed Ubuntu 32-bit and 64-bit on separate partitions and set up grub. Both were booting fine.

Then I created a disk image using Clonezilla. When I restore from the disk image, Ubuntu 64-bit fails to boot. I see the bouncing Ubuntu progress bar then it goes to a screen with a blinking cursor. It blinks for 2 minutes then gives the error "INFO: task khelper blocked for more than 120 seconds." multiple times.

I can press CTRL+ALT+DEL to reset, but Ubuntu never boots. Ubuntu 32-bit still boots fine.

Has anyone ever run into this issue or a similar issue? If so, did you solve it? If so, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jerrrys
July 21st, 2009, 11:43 PM
just an idea

instead of making a disk image use the second option. i don't remember what it was called exactly, something like "copy hard disk to hard disk" or "disk to disk"...

ashughes
July 22nd, 2009, 12:40 AM
That sort of defeats the purpose. I want to store the image on an SSH network share so I can restore from it at a later date.