PDA

View Full Version : My blog about ignorance and tech stuff

keiichidono
July 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
http://bagoflies.wordpress.com/ - Go ahead and tell me what you think about it. It's my pride and joy.

hetx
July 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry I can't read it. As soon as someone starts going overboard with words my style centre shuts everything down. Using complicated grammar or unusual words is not the same as being intelligent or interesting. Write so that you create the images and feelings in people that you want, the words are pretty much unimportant.

Don't give up because of one bad review though, go your own way! I'm sure someone would like it.

Little Bit
July 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
Oh my! You sure use alot of words to say um... whatever it is you're trying to say. I read all your posts in the blog and really... I still don't know what it's about. I don't mind the F word (I guess I should, being a delicate, sheltered little girl) but you really overuse it, too. Sorry. It's not a blog I would visit again.

Amy

Blacklightbulb
July 21st, 2009, 08:39 PM
You're to stupid if you think you can explain ignorance. It's like intelligence. It exist in so many different types and forms.

Well seriously I get bored reading weblogs so don't take me seriously :-).

Barrucadu
July 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
That's a lot of words <.>

I'm an INTP, nice to meet you :)

nothingspecial
July 21st, 2009, 09:29 PM
Too many f**ks and sh**s.

Jimleko211
July 21st, 2009, 09:41 PM
Usually I love reading blogs with lots of words. That is just too much that even I didn't read it >.>

Sxeptomaniac
July 21st, 2009, 09:44 PM
Work on saying the same thing in fewer words and a clearer structure. Right now it's just too incoherent and rambling. Try writing your thoughts out and then go back over it and cut the size of the essay in half, while still conveying the same points. Read it over and try cutting more. It's good practice.

Look at writing you enjoy and analyze the style. Pick out those things you can adapt to your writing.

Show research. You make some major claims, but where's the evidence? One example that jumped out at me was, "Foster care parents are usually abusive and rape their children and treat them like dirt." What's your basis for this claim? Why should the reader believe you?

Finally, avoid too much black-and-white thinking. More analysis and arguments for your case with fewer judgments will make for a better reader experience overall.

Sand & Mercury
July 21st, 2009, 10:09 PM
It's entertaining, seriously, I think it's cool in the same way I like the fake Steve Jobs blog. Doing for Linux what Yahtzee does for videogames.

koenn
July 21st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Work on saying the same thing in fewer words and a clearer structure. Right now it's just too incoherent and rambling. Try writing your thoughts out and then go back over it and cut the size of the essay in half, while still conveying the same points. Read it over and try cutting more. It's good practice.

Look at writing you enjoy and analyze the style. Pick out those things you can adapt to your writing.

Show research. You make some major claims, but where's the evidence? One example that jumped out at me was, "Foster care parents are usually abusive and rape their children and treat them like dirt." What's your basis for this claim? Why should the reader believe you?

Finally, avoid too much black-and-white thinking. More analysis and arguments for your case with fewer judgments will make for a better reader experience overall.

what he said.
+ if you claim to be "able to see between lines that don’t exist to you", I'd expect that to show in your writings, but I've seen essays by 14 year olds that were better written and showed more original thought.

iponeverything
July 21st, 2009, 10:52 PM

If I didn't know better, I would swear that you were the AI that I had for creative writing! I loved that semester even though it was my most difficult. 2 papers a week - I needed all the help I could get!

bodhi.zazen
July 21st, 2009, 11:03 PM
OK, I think the OP gets the message by now =)

No need to add salt to the wound I am sure a lot of time was (edit) spent on that blog =)