PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem installing Ubuntu 9.04 on HP Touchsmart tx2

Theory5
July 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hey, I recently got an HP Touchsmart tx2, and I wanted to dual-boot ubuntu alongside vista on its 500GB HDD. So I use vista's only useful tool (shrink partition) and free up 100GB's of space. But I dont have any cds except for an old Ubuntu version 7 CD, and that doesnt detect my internet connections on the laptop. So I decide to use a Flash drive to boot from. So I get Ubootin and I download the latest 64-bit version separatly, and it loads it onto a flashdrive. But when I boot from it and select "default" It brings up the ubuntu logo and a loading bar and I have to wait a bit, then it pops up with an error message similar to:
ok. This is the actual error(I dont have all the paths for the modprobe thing):
ata1: softreset failed (device not ready)
ata2: softreset failed (device not ready)
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/modules.dep: No such file or directory
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/modules.dep: No such file or directory
BusyBox v1.10.2 (Ubuntu 1:1.10.2-2ubuntu7) built-in shell (ash)
(initramfs)

These errors happen no matter what I do. I even took an old CD I had and installed it on there and ran it, same thing. So I think the problem must be in the iso. So I use Ubootin to download a new one and I get the same errors.
By the way: the old Ubuntu CD 7.10 works fine, I just dont have the drivers for my Network adapters. Help?

Theory5
July 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
New informtion with actual errors.
*Shameless bump*