PDA

View Full Version : My Kitty Died Today...

DeadSuperHero
July 21st, 2009, 08:27 AM
So, my mom and I went out for a little drive today to prepare my trip to San Jose, CA tomorrow. We had gotten everything purchased, and came back. My cat, Cthulu, was laying in the driveway. At first, we thought she was just being funny, she tends to fall asleep in random places like that all the time. We chuckled and honked the horn.

Nothing.

Frightened, we got out of the car. Barely a pulse. Her eyes were glazed over, and her tongue was hanging out. There was a slight purring going through her as I touched her.

We rushed her to the Animal Hospital, with the smallest spark of hope that maybe we could save her...but it was too late. She died tonight, and a part of me died with her. For the past six months I've been through some very hard times in my life, and Cthulu was always there to cheer me up. It's just such a bummer to see her go, especially because of the joy she brought to my house.

So, to honor her in the geekiest way possible, I turned a candid picture I took of her into a lolcat.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/7/20/128926308185697166.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=4754827)

Farewell, my friend. :frown:

Darkhack
July 21st, 2009, 08:44 AM
I understand the feeling. When I was a little kid my two dogs died. I was so young that I barely remember it though. More recently however, another set of dogs we had after them died. The first had cushing's disease and the other had osteoporosis. I cried when they died. You're cat is very adorable and I'm sure she had a wonderful life.

Nevon
July 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
I know how you feel. When I was a kid we had a cat named Ulla who was always there to comfort me whenever I had hurt myself or was feeling sad for some other reason. It was like she could sense that something was wrong. I really do miss her even though she has been gone for many years now.

OutOfReach
July 21st, 2009, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately, I do not know how you feel, none of my pets have died yet. But I understand your feeling, my pets too keep me joyful in time of darkness. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

caco
July 21st, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hello pal, do cheer up ... remember the good times & fun memories

Giant Speck
July 21st, 2009, 08:56 AM
:(

p0cky84
July 21st, 2009, 09:04 AM
Well, that sucks... Sadface :(

hanzomon4
July 21st, 2009, 09:42 AM
My good friends dog was put down today.. he had a tumor in his stomach :(

mister_p_1998
July 21st, 2009, 09:55 AM
Still miss my dog Rusty, he's been gone quite a few years now...
Steve

djdarrin91
July 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry about your loss my friend,I know it really sux,hope you feel better soon.

halovivek
July 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM
My deepest Condolence to you.

loell
July 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
what's the cause of death? did the vet said something?

TuckLive
July 21st, 2009, 11:32 AM
I have four cats that would follow me to the end of the world. I would be devastated if one of them died. Sorry for your loss. :frown:

Sand & Mercury
July 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM
Poor lil' bugger. I lost two cats last week. They were newborn orphan kittens that we'd found on the street, and they didn't make it. Lost another cat late last year too. It sucks, but that's life man.

3rdalbum
July 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry. I know how it feels to suddenly lose a pet.

AllRadioisDead
July 21st, 2009, 12:35 PM
It's a terrible feeling.

SunnyRabbiera
July 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
I feel your pain, when my guinea pig died i was heartbroken.

DeadSuperHero
July 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
what's the cause of death? did the vet said something?

No idea. There were no signs of physical injury. She was healthy, active, and in great shape. We believe she might've gotten into a neighbor's garage and eaten rat poison or something.

ChadSyphrett
July 21st, 2009, 01:25 PM
I'm sad about what happened to your animals (all of you). I hate death.

philcamlin
July 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM
it always sucks to have someone die
i know how you feel
:(

Tristam Green
July 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM
My parents had to put my 16-year-old diabetic cat down last month, after he began experiencing complications from the diabetes. It was sad, yet I am glad he is no longer in pain.

My condolences to you, Psycho.

mdsmedia
July 21st, 2009, 01:41 PM
I had a budgie which died one day. I didn't know how or why he died. It took months before I got another and he's been with me for about 6 years.

My friend has 2 cats. She's an accountant who works from home. One of the cats loves to sleep on her calculator. No idea why, but she'll be working away, have the client on the other side of the desk, and need to borrow someone else's calculator because Violet will be asleep on the calculator. If not on the calculator she'll be in front of the monitor, or wherever is most inconvenient.

For whatever reason, though, she loves sleeping on the calculator.

It's renewed my love for cats, being a dog person myself.

ELD
July 21st, 2009, 01:42 PM
Cheer up, it can only get better!

Luffield
July 21st, 2009, 01:48 PM
RIP Cthulu :(

issih
July 21st, 2009, 01:51 PM
Losing a beloved pet really sucks :(

Poor thing..

JillSwift
July 21st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry about your kitty. Dream of her purring and remember her silliness soon.

What a wonderful name for a kitty - It fits. Sleeps and dreams then awakens and eats everything in sight. ('least my kitties do)

Sand & Mercury
July 21st, 2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry about your kitty. Dream of her purring and remember her silliness soon.

What a wonderful name for a kitty - It fits. Sleeps and dreams then awakens and eats everything in sight. ('least my kitties do)
I adore it too as a name for a cat, being a big Lovecraft fan. :lol:

TheNosh
July 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
it's aweful when pets die :(

also, Cthulu deffinitely wins best cat name (isn't it Cthulhu though?)

and now for a fun image

y6FgBn)~v
July 21st, 2009, 02:21 PM
I grieve with you Mr. Psychopath. :(

MikeTheC
July 21st, 2009, 02:27 PM
You have my heartfelt sympathies, Mr. Psychopath. I've lost a feline family member before, and it wasn't fun at all. Even now I have regrets about how the situation played out. I don't know if there's a better place out there for cats (and dogs, etc.) but I hope there is, after having to put up with us hoomanz.

Rest in peace, Cthulu.

Swagman
July 21st, 2009, 02:33 PM
It feels like a close member of your family has passed away doesn't it.

Thats how we felt when our pet Chihuahua died anyway ( Heart attack - inherited, dangers of pedigree)

andru183
July 21st, 2009, 02:50 PM
aw thats sux, any idea what it died from?

ericmc783
July 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM
I had a cat named snowball,
She Died. She Died.
Mom said she was sleeping.
She Lied! She Lied!
Why oh why is my cat dead,
why couldn't that Volkswagen hit me instead? :(

-Lisa Simpson

Sorry for your loss.

chucky chuckaluck
July 21st, 2009, 03:06 PM
by far, the worst thing that's ever happened to me were my first three cats dying. i'm well aware of the fact that the two i have now will die someday. i can say with certainty that the pain of their deaths is a price well worth paying for the joy of having them in my life.

heroidi
July 21st, 2009, 07:03 PM
I know how it is when i was a kid 2 of my kittens died.
2 other guys killed them those ****

Yownanymous
July 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
I remember when my cat died. It was a horrible experience. :(

Little Bit
July 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
Oh I'm so sorry! I've never lost a pet but I can just imagine what it must feel like.

A long, warm hug,
Amy

0per4t0r
July 21st, 2009, 08:44 PM
My cat died a while ago, and It was the saddest thing that's happened to me. Just hang in there.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr262/g_bourke888/hang_in_there_kitty.jpg

FuturePilot
July 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear. That's sad :cry:
I have a cat and I know how attached you become to them. This is my first pet so I can't imagine what it must feel like when a pet passes away.

:cry:

CJ Master
July 21st, 2009, 10:29 PM
Well, maybe she saw your avatar and got scared to death. =P

In all seriousness, I lost a few animals myself... never fun, at all. :( Are you planning to get another cat?

raronson
July 21st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear that, Psych. My wife and I have two cats, and I just dread that inevitable day. Here's a wallpaper I just made to cheer you up.

Take it easy.

DougieFresh4U
July 21st, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sorry to read about your cat.
Yes, they can be comforting when one is down. I had back surgery a couple of weeks ago and when I was crying in pain, my cat, who doesn't like to be held and is a 'bitch' came to me and rubbed her face in mine. The more I moaned with pain, the more she rubbed my face :o

Yvan300
July 21st, 2009, 11:16 PM
Yes this is a hard time for most people.

dragos240
July 22nd, 2009, 12:36 AM
Poor kitty, I once had 4 cats, all 4 died, they lived for 15 years plus, but I was sad to see them go. Also we have 3 cats now, and I'm worried about one, she scarcely eats.

DeadSuperHero
July 22nd, 2009, 12:39 AM
Are you planning to get another cat?

When the time is right, yes. I'm very fond of cats, but my personal belief is that it's most rewarding to raise them from being a young kitten. You learn how to interact with one another, and you both end up having these little habits that work together.

(For example, we have this really fluffy couch, and she'd let me use her to rest my head.)

On the bright side, she's being buried on a beautiful farm next to my mom's boyfriend's favorite dog. And I don't want to speculate on the afterlife too much (controversial), but it sure would be nice to think that she's in a better place, doing her thing.

dragos240
July 22nd, 2009, 12:39 AM
How old was your cat anyway, and why did she die?

DeadSuperHero
July 22nd, 2009, 12:41 AM
How old was your cat anyway, and why did she die?

We assume around 2 or 3 years old (we have a tendency in my family to raise strays), and we suspect she died of either poisoning or internal bleeding. Lot of ratpoison in people's open garages these days.

Either way, it's over now. She's not suffering anymore.

dragos240
July 22nd, 2009, 12:48 AM
We assume around 2 or 3 years old (we have a tendency in my family to raise strays), and we suspect she died of either poisoning or internal bleeding. Lot of ratpoison in people's open garages these days.

Either way, it's over now. She's not suffering anymore.

R.I.P. Cthulu.

DeadSuperHero
July 22nd, 2009, 12:52 AM
I also just wanted to say to everyone: THANK YOU. Your support, understanding, and really sweet words have helped me relate on this, and I feel a lot better.

swoll1980
July 22nd, 2009, 01:06 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/19/128819920493436590.jpg

dragos240
July 22nd, 2009, 02:02 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/19/128819920493436590.jpg

Not needed.

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 22nd, 2009, 02:07 AM
My sympathy.

I had a dog that was a German Shepard and Chow mix. She claimed me as her master. She would not let anyone but me comb her hair. If anyone else tried, she would act like she was going to rip their arms off. Believe me, she could.

I loved that dog. When she was about 15 years old she was going blind, and became paralysed from the waist down. I loved that dog; however, I finally realised that I was being selfish by making her live that way for my own emotional reasons.

I finally decided to have her put to sleep. I cried as I drover from the Veterinarian's office to my job.

I decided I would never have a pet again. My wife decided otherwise, and brought home some chiwawa dogs. I really didn't like that my wife brought in new dogs.

I am still having difficulty feeling attached to the new dogs.

I hope you can adjust to loosing a beloved pet.

swoll1980
July 22nd, 2009, 02:09 AM
Not needed.

Just a little comic relief. I've had more pets die than most people will ever own. It's not like I don't know what it's like.

mamamia88
July 22nd, 2009, 02:10 AM
so sad to hear about it if anything happened to my dog i would be heartbroken