PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] If I upgrade from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04

SeaHawk22
July 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM
If I upgrade from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 will I need to make a lot of adjustments to get my computer to run perfectly. I have a MacBook, and I had to make many adjustments to get my computer where it is today. It was not that pain staking, but I really dont care to do it all over.

Thank you,

wojox
July 21st, 2009, 12:54 AM
I just upgraded this morning and it was smooth and painless.

SeaHawk22
July 21st, 2009, 01:02 AM
I just upgraded this morning and it was smooth and painless.

So it maintains your prior adjustments? I guess I should have elaborated :) like for example I needed to fix how Ubuntu controlled my audio, trackpad, setup compiz all that good stuff. To be honest I dont even remember exactly what I had to do, but I remember it took me a little while to get it running where I wanted it to be. It wasnt hard just a bunch of time researching. =)

dlmarti
July 21st, 2009, 01:24 AM
If I upgrade from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 will I need to make a lot of adjustments to get my computer to run perfectly. I have a MacBook, and I had to make many adjustments to get my computer where it is today. It was not that pain staking, but I really dont care to do it all over.

Thank you,

I upgraded from 8.10 to 9.04, this is the first time I've ever done that with a Linux distribution with any success. It worked flawlessly, I was amazed. Your mileage may vary....