PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] firefox display problem, help please

bittergourd
July 20th, 2009, 09:54 PM
since sometime my firefox couldn't display webpages correctly. i have tried ff 3.5 and it doesn't help. epiphany is working just fine, and i haven't installed or tried other browsers. disabling all addons didn't help. i am on jaunty btw. listed below are some typical results.

i think it may be caused by some ff settings, but i just don't know where the problem could be...

any help please?

bittergourd
July 20th, 2009, 09:58 PM
and also, in the error console, i got a bunch of warnings and errors like "_blahblah is not defined" and "Unknown property 'blah'. Declarations dropped" etc etc.

BinaryFeast
July 20th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Based on those images it looks as if javascript may be turned off in the settings. But that's all I can think of.

SaaTeeVaaGreen
July 20th, 2009, 10:06 PM
i wouldnt worry too much about the errors in the error console, i get loads of them as well. have you tried running ff from the terminal? this may give you some more useful error messages. also, wot sort of Internet connection/speed do you have? it looks a bit like ff just hasnt finished loading the pages.

BinaryFeast
July 20th, 2009, 10:09 PM
By the way, try creating a new profile using

firefox -P

(I believe that is the command to get to the profile manager.) That should make it possible to try out firefox with all the default settings.

SaaTeeVaaGreen
July 20th, 2009, 10:12 PM
in ff go to edit>preferences and choose the content tab. are both java settings selected, and is the load images automatically option selected? if not, try selecting these.

bittergourd
July 20th, 2009, 10:29 PM
thanks guys, but i found the solution. apparently i cleared the cache and everything restores to normal. no idea how cache messed up with the new webpages, but it's something good to know...

thank you guys again~~:D