PDA

View Full Version : firefox userstyle css help

lunaz
July 20th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I'm making a userstyle for an invision board for a specific gaming forum I visit. This will be used with firefox's stylish addon. I do not have access to any code on the server; only stuff on my end.

Using firebug I copied these snippets out of the html to see the order of things:

body
#ipbwrapper
<div class="activeusers">
<div class="row2">
<table class="ipbtable" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>

body
#ipbwrapper
<div class="borderwrap">
<tbody>
<tr>

The problem is that I want to style the tr's from each section differently but don't know how to be specific since they didn't name the tables differently.

I tried stuff like body>#ipwrapper>div.borderwrap>table.ipbtable tr{code} and .activeusers row1+row2{code} and it didn't seem to have any effect.

Am I screwed? :( There's these little red borders everywhere, and I only want them on the view topic page and view post page but not at footers just where the forum posts are. If there's more code needed let me know & I'll post it :)

cdiem
July 20th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I think you could probably use something like this in order to access the tables (and change it with your custom CSS accordingly):

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
.activeusers .ipbtable tr {
color: blue;
}
.borderwrap .ipbtable tr{
color: green;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div class="activeusers">
<div class="row2">
<tr>
<td>One</td>
<td>Two</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Three</td>
<td>Four</td>
</tr>
</table>
<div class="borderwrap">
<p>
<tr>
<td>One</td>
<td>Two</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Three</td>
<td>Four</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Output is:
-------------------------------------------
One Two
Three Four

One Two
Three Four
-------------------------------------------

For me it works also without mentioning the "tr" in the style definition - I guess the "tr" inherits some stuff from the upper class.
Just my 0.05.