PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Come up with a Good Signature

Little Bit
July 20th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Some of you have really cool signature lines and links! I haven't made a sig yet (never needed to before). I'm sure I could come up with one on my own, but asking for suggestions sounds like more fun!

About me: I'm tiny (4'10", 90 lbs), I'm into dance, cheer, gymnastics, and now Ubuntu. I'm just starting high school this fall (scared but excited), live in central Florida, love to shop, flirt, play in the rain, and give my big brothers a hard time.

If any of that info is useful... I'm stumped! Any suggestions?

Amy

Barrucadu
July 20th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Signatures work best if they are witty. However, you can't really be told how to be witty :p

Links to things you've done or something work, too. It's what I use. Though I'm considering adding one of my weirder quotes.

NightwishFan
July 20th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I would say just link to something you like, or perhaps a resource that was helpful to you in using Ubuntu.

raronson
July 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Use a favorite quote from a book or a movie you like :)

The Real Dave
July 21st, 2009, 12:11 AM
Use a favorite quote from a book or a movie you like

+1 Use something that you like =] Someone else making up your sig just wont be as good as making your own, it'll really be you like :D Or you could always do what many other people (including me :popcorn:) do, throw your system specs on there =]

One thing I would advise is to make the font size small, lets you have your sig, without it taking over the thread =]

dragos240
July 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM
I did a portal quote from GLaDOS. And a link to help people get rockbox on their sansa fuze.

DeadSuperHero
July 21st, 2009, 12:15 AM
I just use a silly statement with a link to my blog, or an error page that ultimately redirects to my blog anyways.

DownTown22
July 21st, 2009, 12:15 AM
Signatures are overrated.

Sef
July 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM
Great things come in small packages. Instead of great, substitute beautiful or another word.

wojox
July 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM
How about:

Don't Mickey Mouse me, I live near the Magic Kingdom!

Jesus_Valdez
July 21st, 2009, 01:12 AM
"Maybe if this signature is witty enough someone will finally love me."

Based on a XKCD comic and T-shirt.

swoll1980
July 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM
I brake for penguins.

Stan_1936
July 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
The "beating off girls after switching to Arch".....Ah, I remember reading it, in a post, for the first time last year and laughed so hard. That's one of the best. That's the kind of thing I'd put in a signature....

steveneddy
July 21st, 2009, 02:38 AM
My sig has links to things that others may find useful.

Don't get in a rush for a sig and remember that you can change it whenever you wish.

You could link here:

http://scienceblogs.com/loom/2006/06/09/small_girls_with_sharp_rocks.php

Little Bit
July 21st, 2009, 03:35 AM
LOL you guys are wonderful! I got some good ideas, thank you! It's so hard to choose one, I'll probably change it every week. Thanks everyone! This was fun!

Amy

gletob
July 21st, 2009, 05:35 AM
Open terminal:
type "cat /dev/random
Shake mouse around until enough has been output and...

���_:��ۥH*(���P|�ds϶V�ad"��Y��Z{�FFO�Ec���Q����Y;�uFV�`.��&Δ�L��]5�
|��uR���w�l8b�!ݮt���Nt�Z/a��mc*��$p��'��ݢ�����F�,ږ����&67X���f����FX�+)C{����H+��-�ʍ|�z��4���0�ЫNC�X�p���P��!�F

Instant signature

Viva
July 21st, 2009, 05:41 AM
I've been accused of being a religious nutter and a FOSS fanboi numerous times, hence my signature:cool:

lisati
July 21st, 2009, 05:44 AM
I brake for penguins.

I brake for hallucinations?

swoll1980
July 21st, 2009, 05:48 AM
I brake for hallucinations?

Nah, I go ahead, and run the hallucinations over. At least I hope that was a hallucination. :confused:

lisati
July 21st, 2009, 07:11 AM
Nah, I go ahead, and run the hallucinations over. At least I hope that was a hallucination. :confused:

I think it was, along with the imaginary ambulance.

MikeTheC
July 21st, 2009, 08:04 AM
Ubuntophrenia: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

chucky chuckaluck
July 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
I'm into dance, cheer, gymnastics, and now Ubuntu.

it might be a little ridiculous, but you could take one of the cheers you've done and replace the team name with 'ubuntu'.

...and give my big brothers a hard time.

it's your duty as their sister.

AllRadioisDead
July 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM
Signatures are overrated.
^There's a good one:popcorn:

XubuRoxMySox
July 21st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi Amy!):P

I use sigs mostly as e-mail "tag lines" but I have a few favorites:

When the chips are down, the cow is empty.

and

If a cow laughs really hard, does milk come out her nose?

and of course, being a Trekkie, a few Star Trek sillies like,

"Oh bother," said Captian Pooh, as antimatter containment fell.

and

"Dammit, Jim, she's dead! Get off of her!" -- Bones

and you know how I love puns...

Ice rocks hitting the hull: Captain, we are being hailed!

They're fun - but by using them in e-mail I get to choose the people who read them - some of my friends hate the "groaner" tag lines that I love so much, lol.

I'm glad you found the forums!

-R

steveneddy
July 22nd, 2009, 02:56 AM
LOL you guys are wonderful! I got some good ideas, thank you! It's so hard to choose one, I'll probably change it every week. Thanks everyone! This was fun!

Amy

You don't think that will stop us, do you?

SonnHalter
July 22nd, 2009, 02:59 AM
Some of you have really cool signature lines and links! I haven't made a sig yet (never needed to before). I'm sure I could come up with one on my own, but asking for suggestions sounds like more fun!

About me: I'm tiny (4'10", 90 lbs), I'm into dance, cheer, gymnastics, and now Ubuntu. I'm just starting high school this fall (scared but excited), live in central Florida, love to shop, flirt, play in the rain, and give my big brothers a hard time.

If any of that info is useful... I'm stumped! Any suggestions?

Amy

I'm a fan of quotes.

Tipped OuT
July 22nd, 2009, 03:06 AM
I just use a silly statement with a link to my blog, or an error page that ultimately redirects to my blog anyways.

:lolflag: