PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation issue: Keyboard will not work

Inglonias
July 20th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu 9.04, however at the language selection screen I cannot get my keyboard to function. I am using a Dell USB keyboard (The model number on the back says L100) with a custom built machine. Is there some way I can fix this? I also tried to use a legacy Apple USB keyboard that came on a 1999 iMac, I think. That also doesn't work. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. For those with this issue, go into your BIOS, Integrated Peripherals and make sure that USB keyboard and mouse support is turned on. Good luck!

presence1960
July 20th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu 9.04, however at the language selection screen I cannot get my keyboard to function. I am using a Dell USB keyboard (The model number on the back says L100) with a custom built machine. Is there some way I can fix this? I also tried to use a legacy Apple USB keyboard that came on a 1999 iMac, I think. That also doesn't work. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. For those with this issue, go into your BIOS, Integrated Peripherals and make sure that USB keyboard and mouse support is turned on. Good luck!

A lot of BIOS have that as Legacy in USB support.