PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "Problem" apt-on does not include all extra software installed

ramnarayan
July 20th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi

Had thought of apt-on as the perfect solution to my needs to have all the software installed after the default installation but it seems not to be.

I just did a fresh install of 9.04 yesterday and have worked to get tonnes of stuff on to it - GIS, audio and video codecs, ubuntu studion, mint themes and mintdesktop and lots lots more. whatever updates are there its all current

Then i had to install mint-desktop which asked for Ubuntu desktop to be removed, which i did (meaning synaptic did)

So here it gets worrying uninstall ubuntu-desktop what happens if my system breaks - will be back to square one - so i say ok apton to the rescue

i open apton and ask it to make a dvd of my updated set of packages - it does and saves it as an image - i go find the image and see that its a paltry 55 MB, that gives me a bit of a headache

I want apton to capture all my updates, is there anyway i can make it do that, if not what else is a good solution to making sure i have all my software and updates backed up so that if my system crashes i don't need to get on to the net again.

Much thanks in advance

ramnarayan
July 20th, 2009, 05:59 PM
BUMP

any ideas, i know its been a short while only since i posted but ...!!!

ramnarayan
July 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
BUMP

Hope some one looks at this . need some help with this

thanks