PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how do i stop scrolling effects within advanced desktop effects settings

viaciofano
July 20th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I am relatively new with Ubuntu and need some help to switch off a effect i have. i tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to advanced desktop settings to have a desktop with lots of features. this is on the machine but i do not use it. i also have a dell extra wide screen.
now i have switched off all but still have the scroll effect. as i look on a page and scroll down or press the down arrow the page has a lag effect which is annoying me. its as though the pc is running slow....

i can not seem to find how to switch off or stop this effect.

Could you help me?
thanks

~sHyLoCk~
July 20th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I am relatively new with Ubuntu and need some help to switch off a effect i have. i tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to advanced desktop settings to have a desktop with lots of features. this is on the machine but i do not use it. i also have a dell extra wide screen.
now i have switched off all but still have the scroll effect. as i look on a page and scroll down or press the down arrow the page has a lag effect which is annoying me. its as though the pc is running slow....

i can not seem to find how to switch off or stop this effect.

Could you help me?
thanks

Did you try checking out the options at ccsm?

viaciofano
July 20th, 2009, 03:44 PM
how do you mean ccsm?
my screen works ok only the scrolling affect is still on??

~sHyLoCk~
July 20th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Install ccsm , it is frontend for controlling and tweaking the compiz desktop effects and see if you find something.

sudo apt-get install ccsm

Then run
ccsm&

viaciofano
July 20th, 2009, 04:02 PM
thats the problem i have ccsm. i can see what you mean but am lost in the amount of settings that you can enable. i am trying to find where it is that stops this scrolling effect although i know its not called scrolling as looking through the menus its not there....
need to know what effect its called
and
how to switch it off..

thanks

~sHyLoCk~
July 20th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Ah, I wish I had compiz installed to help you, but maybe check under Windows decoration or something? Not sure, I hope someone else can help you.

Cheers