PDA

View Full Version : Browser Speed Comparisons Report

justaguynpc
January 26th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Check this out, quite an eye-opener.

NOT posted to incite a flame-war, but for informational purposes only, however feel free to post your opinions. :cool:

www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html#linspeed

Lovechild
January 26th, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'm not entirely convinced his test method is sufficent to draw any real conclusions - I am very surprised to KHTML based browsers do so poorly, my experience with that engine would suggest that it is significantly faster for a lot of operations.

Also this test does not factor in render correctness, now does he seem to specific which Gecnko he compiled Epiphany against. Speed is not everything, if it was we'd probably all be running links.

All in all a nice little article, but as I said there are more things to browsers than speed.

Iandefor
January 26th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Know what beats the pants off of just about any other browser? Links.

DigitalDuality
January 26th, 2006, 03:16 AM
I got

Fedora
Debian
Ubuntu

Not bad. I've used Ubuntu way more than anything else.. but i've played a great deal with Fedora too.

endersshadow
January 26th, 2006, 03:35 AM
I got

Fedora
Debian
Ubuntu

Not bad. I've used Ubuntu way more than anything else.. but i've played a great deal with Fedora too.

LMAO...methinks you're in the wrong thread...try this one (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=121677).

At any rate, per the browser speed...it should come to no shock to anyone that Opera took the cake...it's always been billed for its speed...but I just can't stand the interface, so I take my beloved Firefox :-D

briancurtin
January 26th, 2006, 04:55 AM
it's always been billed for its speed...but I just can't stand the interface, so I take my beloved Firefox :-D
same here. all of the machines i use are pretty high powered, so speed isnt even really of an issue. everything opens up really quick and i like the way firefox looks and feels, so it gets my choice.

fuscia
January 26th, 2006, 06:03 AM
when i want speed, i use dillo. otherwise, i usually use firefox. opera feels like no-doz to me. i'd rather just have twenty cups of coffee.

drizek
January 26th, 2006, 06:14 AM
well, im off to try out opera 9