PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] THEMES - Window Borders - HELP!

popeil
July 18th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Greetings all,

My themes - especially WINDOW BORDERS - are not working anymore. Window Border stays the same no matter what theme I choose.

No doubt it's my fault. I had tried several things and they might be conflicting. As a result I now have AWN, EMERALD Theme Manager, AVANT Window Manager, GNOME ART, and COMPIZ CONFIG all installed on my system.

What to do now? Are these conflicting programs? Should I delete one (or more) of these programs and go from there - or is it something else altogether?

BTW, for a while the window border had the "minimize/maximize/close" icons to the upper LEFT (which I didn't like). Currently it's a very WIDE, really ugly translucent white border with the control icons to the upper right (I'd like to change that too!).

Thanks in advance!

(Running Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty)

Strongman332
July 19th, 2009, 12:23 AM
try uninstalling EMERALD

Shpongle
July 19th, 2009, 12:28 AM
get the compiz fusion icon from the universe (add/remove), and that will help you easily switch between window managers (eg compiz, metacity) and window decorators (eg emerald , gtk) id say its emerald thats your problem

~sHyLoCk~
July 19th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Emerald works great. Install fusion-icon for easily selecting/switching between WMs.

Vignesh S
July 19th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Try uninstalling all but CompizConfig and Emerald. That's what I work with here and the themes are just working beautifully.

The Compiz Fusion icon is also a useful feature. It shows the Compiz and emerald special effect managers.