PDA

View Full Version : Gah, annoyance. Linux and media.

dragos240
July 18th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Is it me, or is media making software in linux really weak? So far PiTiVi is great, and very stable. It's good for now, but really, it's like movie maker, I hope Lumiera is going well.

fatality_uk
July 18th, 2009, 05:42 PM
It is in general, but Kdenlive is superb. I haven't used it for a long time but very .7 is stable, and works very, very well, even under Gnome.

I have been screaming out for a quick and easy video editor eg WMM, but this is so much better. If you just want to throw 10 video and still files onto a timeline and generate a vid from that its so quick. If you more control, it allows that too. Add dvdauthor and a few extras effects and it really does become a great video editor.

dragos240
July 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Kdenlive has ALWAYS crashed for me, and has some major kinks to work out. For example, when I export a media file, there is always an audio delay, kdenlive cuts the end audio off, and displays video files as shorter than they really are, about a minute shorter. And half the time, it will just crash.

fatality_uk
July 18th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Maybe it's my PC upgrade, but older versions of Kden used to do that for me too, but the version in the repos for Jaunty works a treat.