PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Acer Aspire Revo - hdmi video overscan with Nvidia driver

DominicF
July 17th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Hi,

Need help and advise from fellow Revo owners on their experiences on outputing video thru hdmi from the Revo to a hdmi input of a LCD TV (incase a samsung LE32R73BD).

I installed Ubuntu 9.04 32bit Desktop version onto the hard disk of the Revo, at this point it was using the open source nvidia driver which resulted in "underscan" (black borders around screen image) of the outputted video signal to the LCD TV (hdmi).

I then installed the Nvidia driver from Nvidia 185.18.14. The outputted video image from hdmi is now being "overscanned" (the top and bottom parts of the screen are hidden from view). Has anyone experienced this and managed to fix it?

Thanks,
DominicF

ninocass
July 19th, 2009, 04:33 PM
hey

im also getting this, if you push the P.size button at the bottom ofyour remove and change it to"Just scan" you should see all of your desktop.

My issue is with a resoluion of 1920x1080 the text isnt totally clear i think this could be down to the just scan method but im not sure when i change to a VGA cable it works as expected with a 16:9 ratio and i dont need the "just scan"