PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Windows Advert

5nak3
July 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
In a taxi at the moment on the way to the airport and saw an interesting advert i thought i'd share, maybe someone else has seen it.

It was a Windows "life without walls"

Showing a number of devices on which the windows os could be used e.g. Laptop, netbook, desktop, phone

In anycase all these devices on the screen had a picture with two penguins.

Staright away, the iner "ubuntian" read this as

"Life without walls, use linux"

By the way no need to start an os war, i use both windows and linux. And both are great :-)

MikeTheC
July 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Ok, I'll respect the intent and not start an OS war here (been there, done that, what's the point?) Anyhow...

Microsoft's ads are tactless, tasteless and ultimately predicated on the psychological factor of perceived helplessness of the general public.

vinutux
July 17th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Ok, I'll respect the intent and not start an OS war here (been there, done that, what's the point?) Anyhow...

Microsoft's ads are tactless, tasteless and ultimately predicated on the psychological factor of perceived helplessness of the general public.

agreed....

SonnHalter
July 17th, 2009, 08:01 PM
In a taxi at the moment on the way to the airport and saw an interesting advert i thought i'd share, maybe someone else has seen it.

It was a Windows "life without walls"

Showing a number of devices on which the windows os could be used e.g. Laptop, netbook, desktop, phone

In anycase all these devices on the screen had a picture with two penguins.

Staright away, the iner "ubuntian" read this as

"Life without walls, use linux"

By the way no need to start an os war, i use both windows and linux. And both are great :-)

they had that saying for a while now.

Whenever microsoft releases an advert, it's more like they're on the highest pedestal bellowing down on people, yelling at them "I am god"

ddrichardson
July 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM

I believe this illustrates your point - http://is.gd/1CqJy

CJ Master
July 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I believe this illustrates your point - http://is.gd/1CqJy

You just gave me nightmares, ty.

azangru
July 17th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Wasn't the pun "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows or gates?" invented earlier? :D

The Real Dave
July 17th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Not hugely related, but just a cool pic that I stumbled along =]