PDA

View Full Version : Watchmen Directors Cut

b3n87
July 17th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Not very FOSS-like, but just pre-ordered Watchmen Directors cut on Bluray. Im from the UK so I had to order it from a US site to get it.

You get 2 blurays and a dvd disc:

Disc 1:

* Director's cut of the film (186 minutes)
* Interactive "Ultimate Watchmen Experience"
* BD-Live

Disc 2:

* The Phenomenon: The Comic that Changed Comics (30 min.)
* Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes (27 min.)
* Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World (27 min.)
* Webisodes (38 min.)
* Music Video: My Chemical Romance Desolation Row (3 min.)

Disc 3 (DVD):

* Digital Copy - Theatrical version

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/883929058051

Bluray is region free if anyone is interested.

Anyone else a Watchmen fan like me?

On the DVD is a copy of the "Theatrical" version which I think was the version shown in the cinema? What does "digital copy" mean? Is that DRM'd stuff?

Im going to play the blu-rays on my PS3 :)

uberlube
July 17th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Ya i liked the series but idk if i would shell out more money just for 25 min of extra footage.

b3n87
July 17th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Appartanty theres some kind of ending with a squid? :-s

Moustacha
July 17th, 2009, 02:13 PM
It comes out on the 30th Down Under, according to JBs. Gonna go pick it up then, watch it and touch myself to it's glory (not Dr Manhattan's glory). Haven't read the graphic novel, but those type of books don't appeal to me. The movie did though, very good.

Grenage
July 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Isn't there a special one coming out after this one, with even more footage?

Swarms
July 17th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Bluray is region free if anyone is interested.

No it is not, most of the studios just choose to have none. But 20th Century Fox for instance, they encode most of their BD titles.

Moustacha
July 17th, 2009, 03:22 PM
No it is not, most of the studios just choose to have none. But 20th Century Fox for instance, they encode most of their BD titles.

So where's my region locking remover modchip/software?

Swarms
July 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
So where's my region locking remover modchip/software?

Google (www.google.com)

Moustacha
July 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I didn't think they had it for blu-ray yet. I like how it's all legal to remove region locking from DVDs in Australia. You just need the software/hardware to do it.

Swarms
July 17th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Google (www.google.com)

I didn't think they had it for blu-ray yet. I like how it's all legal to remove region locking from DVDs in Australia. You just need the software/hardware to do it.

There only are for certain players, but one of the highend ones named Oppo (http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83/) for instance, there is an chip available to unlock.
But OP was partly correct, most of the BD articls are regionfree, so it is not very important.

Cool with the laws btw. :)

SunnyRabbiera
July 17th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I just hope the directors cut is on regular DVD, screw blu ray and its DRM ridden anti linux BS.