PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help reconfiguring Atheros DLink DWL G650

ngrieb
July 17th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I really need some help reconfiguring my wireless card. Everything was working through ndiswrapper, but ndiswrapper was a bit unstable. For some reason I attempted to use a network configuration utility (xnetconfig I think) thinking it would smooth out the problem, but after I booted today the wireless was disabled.

Does anyone have any idea what might have been reconfigured, and how I can reset my system to how it was a few days ago?
and
Is there something simple that I can download and install on my Linux box that will help the Atheros stability issue (I have come across the madwifi and heard that it's more stable, but the how to makes no sense to me and I have no idea how to make the main program)?

Oh, I am running Ubuntu 8.10
Thanks in advance.

ngrieb
July 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
The network manager shows under wireless network: device unmanaged. Which I assume means that the device is being detected. Hope this assists with anyone willing to help me.

ngrieb
July 22nd, 2009, 03:19 AM
Is there at least some way to reset the driver settings to what they used to be? Does Ubuntu back up settings if they have been changed?

ngrieb
July 23rd, 2009, 04:02 AM
Never mind, I found the solution. Thanks anyways.