PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pidgin libnotify doesnt work +unresponsive to plug in changes

nkang
July 17th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Hey :)

I've been having some problems with pidgin. I'm doing my best to learn ubuntu and linux's subtlties with the terminal and all that, package management and everything....Basically what I'm trying to illustrate is that I'm pretty much completely new.

And I need help.

For some reason, I'm not getting any libnotify popups anymore in the top right of my screen where I normally would. Just so I'm not making any mistakes, I'm reffering to the same popups that rythym box and volume changes display.

Awhile ago, pidgin became unresponsive to any of my plug in changes. I tried to have to stop notifying me when someone signed on or off, and while I could turn it on, I couldn't turn it off until I fiddled around with xpref (pretty sure thats the file name, it was in the purple folder...) according to one of the threads I found here. It worked great after a few tweaks, but all of the sudden I don't get any more libnotify pop ups.

help?:confused: