PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Thunderbird is gone after Upgrade.

gos1
July 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hi ;

After Upgrading ubuntu my Thunderbird cannot send mails I am getting this error message when I try to send mail via my pop mail from my hosting company and with Gmail.

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server smtp.gmail.com failed. The server may be unavailable or it is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again, or else contact to your network administrator.

I have checked my settings and they are right. And it happened right after I try to send a file to my friend.

raymondh
July 16th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hi ;

After Upgrading ubuntu my Thunderbird cannot send mails I am getting this error message when I try to send mail via my pop mail from my hosting company and with Gmail.

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server smtp.gmail.com failed. The server may be unavailable or it is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again, or else contact to your network administrator.

I have checked my settings and they are right. And it happened right after I try to send a file to my friend.

port 587 TLS settings? It may be just an overloaded gmail server.

gos1
July 16th, 2009, 10:37 PM
My Server Where I buy Hosting From does not work too... They both give the same error.

spiralx
July 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Re-install Thunderbird from Synaptic?

(But save out your Profile first, just in case, by going into Home, clicking CTRL-H to see the hidden files, then go down to mozilla.thunderbird and pull that over onto the desktop. Replace in the new folder if the new install doesn't have it).