PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is it possible to roll back to a previous version of Ubuntu?

luther7718
July 16th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I just upgraded from 8.10 to 9.04, and I'm having a multitude of problems. I'm only going to have an Internet connection for one more day, and I would rather save some frustration and roll back to 8.10 than I had spend my days off crawling through these forums for a set of workarounds.

Can you guys help me out with this?

merlinus
July 16th, 2009, 05:36 AM
You will have to do a fresh install of the older version.

CompizDoDo
July 16th, 2009, 05:39 AM
im on 9.04 and am having 0 problems maybe you should try 9.10?

merlinus
July 16th, 2009, 05:41 AM
IMFFHO, telling someone to install an operating system that is still in alpha testing (9.10) makes very little sense.

Even as a joke...

raymondh
July 16th, 2009, 06:20 AM
IMFFHO, telling someone to install an operating system that is still in alpha testing (9.10) makes very little sense.

Even as a joke...

+ 1

@ luther7718

Clean re-install ... sorry. Now is also the time to do some advance planning/partitioning. Think about separating your /home from root (/) that way when you change versions in the future (or have to do another re-install), you can retain your settings, tweaks, config files, etc. (those files that are kept in /home).

Back-up first.

philcamlin
July 16th, 2009, 06:24 AM

Even as a joke...

+2

tellinmg someone to do that is not a good idea

luther7718
July 16th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks, merlinus, I followed your advice and it worked perfectly! Woot, alpha!

But seriously; with the help of this fantastic community, I managed to iron out my issues and I'm now enjoying the Jaunty eye candy (I'm especially fond of the new boot-up progress bar).

Thanks a lot for the help anyway, though.