PDA

View Full Version : Any Dragon Ball Z Fans?

Tipped OuT
July 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
kjnkn

ThisEndlessFall
July 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I know this show is old, and is more for kids, but I like pushing my luck.

So anyone else enjoy Dragon Ball Z and/or Dragaon Ball?

I'm 15, and I still watch it, each saga, over and over. I just love it. I grew up with it, and I wish it would come back some day.

Not really. I'm 19 and have only watched about 3 episodes.

NightwishFan
July 15th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I am more of a dragonball fan, however I like DBZ. After Frieza it went steady downhill, though still fun.

I recommend you pay a visit to the alternate reality:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSJGozar

):P

Vegeta ftw.

CharmyBee
July 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I stopped after the Cell saga ended before the Buu nonsense started. This was in late 2000 or early 2001 I think, when Toonami was airing them at 5PM.

I was much of a fan as to be emotionally crushed when the then-much-very-anticipated Bid for Power q3 mod got Funimatiowned. Good thing they had a 'original characters' backup plan. Not many mods ever did that.

Sashin
July 16th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Dragon Ball Z is awesome, I've seen all (Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball z) episodes several times In my opinion it doesn't really go downhill until GT.

tjwoosta
July 16th, 2009, 05:35 AM
wow, I remember watching dbz back in like 97-98, it was on tv all the time back then

Jesus_Valdez
July 16th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I'm, 12 and what is this?

I mean, I'm 28 and I watched the entire DB series, not a big fan rigth now.

By the way, Dragon Ball Z it is back, check out Dragon Ball Kai, its a re-editing of DBZ, HD opnening and stuff like that.

Rainstride
July 16th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I', 12 and what is this?
:evil:

JDShu
July 16th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Never watched more than a couple of episodes (on late night at the time and I wasn't allowed to stay up :()

Picked up the manga a couple of years ago. Classic comedy.

Tipped OuT
July 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Never watched more than a couple of episodes (on late night at the time and I wasn't allowed to stay up :()

Picked up the manga a couple of years ago. Classic comedy.

Comedy? I mean yeah, it's pretty funny at times but... :p

Glucklich
July 16th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Comedy? I mean yeah, it's pretty funny at times but... :p

Yeah, comedy in the sense that it sucks. As you realize that, you get a few laughs out of it. If he didn't meant that, I would like to sign that statement.

As for Dragon Ball Z, I did watched it (or else, I couldn't be talking about it). Trunks from the future was so ******* cool. But, nah... they are rerunning it on television and I can't even stand one more second of that show. Because I tried to watch the Z for the original series, but it was nowhere near as good. Even less can be said about the GT series. Or the great majority of japanese anime... But the original Dragon Ball had a great storyline.

Kingsley
July 16th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I watched from the time I was ~8 until 14. The newer stuff with the Androids kinda bored me and I got tired of waiting for new episodes of Dragon Ball GT.

Benzaa
July 16th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I grew up watching dragon ball, I watched it on tv back in 97 (wow, I think im getting old). I can still remember the first time my friends and I played the game Tenkashi budokai for playstation. That was sweet!!!

Btw, it all went down with GT.

Changturkey
July 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I stopped after Cell Saga.

NightwishFan
July 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I am an anime fan, and in my opinion, a classic like DBZ should be remembered fondly. Except Mystic Gohan!!! Final FLASH!! :mrgreen:

Tipped OuT
July 16th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I grew up watching dragon ball, I watched it on tv back in 97 (wow, I think im getting old). I can still remember the first time my friends and I played the game Tenkashi budokai for playstation. That was sweet!!!

Btw, it all went down with GT.

Yeah it really did go down hill with GT. GT was just so cheap, terrible storyline.. just ugh. Messed up a classic. Oh well.

NightwishFan
July 16th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Yes, GT has failed us. It was a spin off of a spin off though. :D

Vegeta with a stache was cool though. Makes him look more grumpy than ever before.

Rainstride
July 16th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah it really did go down hill with GT. GT was just so cheap, terrible storyline.. just ugh. Messed up a classic. Oh well.

gt was made by a different person than dragonball and dragonball z, witch is why it sucked so horribly.

personally i just pretend that GT never even happened:D.

Sashin
July 16th, 2009, 09:50 PM
So does Toriyama. GT isn't cannon to the series, in the new Dragon Ball online game you play in a time 200 years after dragon ball z and it completely ignores the events of GT.