PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation/Live CD hangs forever on "configuring network interfaces"

samb0057
July 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 on a dell mini 9 (the version that comes with ubuntu netbook remix). it hangs forever at configuring network interfaces, and CTRL+C does nothing. i even disabled the lan and wifi in the bios, and physically removed the wifi card. still nothing, just sits there forever.

unlimitedz
July 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 on a dell mini 9 (the version that comes with ubuntu netbook remix). it hangs forever at configuring network interfaces, and CTRL+C does nothing. i even disabled the lan and wifi in the bios, and physically removed the wifi card. still nothing, just sits there forever.

Is the laptop connected to the internet when you're installing? The CD connects to the Ubuntu Repo's during the install, it could be hung if you're not connected.

samb0057
July 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Is the laptop connected to the internet when you're installing? The CD connects to the Ubuntu Repo's during the install, it could be hung if you're not connected.

i dont think that's the problem, because if that was the case no user would ever be able to install ubuntu if not connected to the internet. also it hangs on configuration of network interfaces, not while connecting to the repos

unlimitedz
July 15th, 2009, 12:25 AM
It's not unheard of that someone trying to install Ubuntu not being able to because they're not plugged into the internet. Search around on the forums. Anyway not sure what would cause this then.