PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Partial desktop displayed on HP 2133 Mininote

treunanen
July 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hi all,

I have just finished installing Xubuntu 9.04 on my HP 2133 Mininote. Everything seems to in order except my desktop is displayed only partially. No matter which resolution I apply ( even 800x600 ) the bottom and the right of my desktop are left out of the screen. When I check the synaptic package manager for OpenChrome drivers, it shows that it has already been installed.

My Xorg config is rather empty, buy still I am able to change to different resolutions its just that always the bottom and the right side of the desktop is left out.

Any ideas?

My xorg.conf

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Monitor "Configured Monitor"
Device "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

mrhobbeys
July 14th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Sorry if this doesn't work, it does on other distros, but log out and then get to the terminal and type confx or xconf I haven't had to use that in Ubuntu but I know it works in some of the live distros I use to configure the xorg files.

treunanen
July 15th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Unfortunately this command is not available on ubuntu. Any other ideas?

treunanen
July 16th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Seems like this issue is related to the WLAN also and it has been reported as a bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/355918

smash_it
July 18th, 2009, 09:41 PM
im running ubuntu on my 2133 but probably you can use this solution for yourself aswell

pretty much everything worked out of the bex - except for the wireless. after using it the resolution was different - i don't know if this is the same problem as you are experiencing.

after modifying the xorg.conf it all worked well. you might want to follow the instructions under the link below - it worked for me so hopefully for you aswell

http://www.linlap.com/wiki/hp+2133