PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] rhythmbox issues ???

NOTAGEEK
July 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
rhythmbox is giving me fits...

it's great while listening to the radio, but it has a problem or 2...

first---it plays fine for maybe 15 minutes then starts shutting down and buffering... at that point it will then play again for a short time of abt 1 minute and then buffer again or just sit there and do nothing...

also---for some reason the volume stays constant even when i raise or lower it...

any ideas ???

thanks...

jimsheep
July 14th, 2009, 05:25 PM
sure, you could remove rhythmbox and install Amarok instead.

Technique13
July 14th, 2009, 06:21 PM
or you can use banshee, very similar

NOTAGEEK
July 14th, 2009, 08:48 PM
sure, you could remove rhythmbox and install Amarok instead.

is there a reason for this ???

or you can use banshee, very similar

update:

i tried rhythmbox again and sure enough it went silent after only a minute or so... i was distracted and doing something else and it seemed like a long time (abt 5 minutes) it came back on and has been working for an hour or so perfectly ???

now if i could find a reason the volume wont adjust i could tag this thread solved...

thanks...

hetx
July 14th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Bah, sad that people don't give you helpful responses...

Exaile beats them all!

jimsheep
July 14th, 2009, 08:54 PM

yeah, the reason is that i've found Amarok much better at dealing with network protocols than banshee (which will not ever play across a LAN, e.g. from a shared music folder) and i find the GUI much more intuitive than rhythmbox.

NOTAGEEK
July 14th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Bah, sad that people don't give you helpful responses...

Exaile beats them all!

i am new to pc's/9.04 and since r box came pretty much as a default i decided to get it working and in the future as my skill level increases maybe play around then...

i will have this thread to refer back to later after i learn more just by searching my threads... at that point i can decide to try some of these suggestions...

thanks...

NOTAGEEK
July 14th, 2009, 09:01 PM
yeah, the reason is that i've found Amarok much better at dealing with network protocols than banshee (which will not ever play across a LAN, e.g. from a shared music folder) and i find the GUI much more intuitive than rhythmbox.

great---ill keep it in mind in the future... over my head at this point...

thanks...