PDA

View Full Version : Do you care if there's more than one Google Chrome thread?

blur xc
July 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Well, my thread about Google Chrome got merged into the "one big Google Chrome thread"... So, I ask, how many of you care if there more than one thread discussing different facets of the same subject?

Seems the moderators of this forum are obsessed with thread merging. I just don't like wading through a massive thread with several hundred posts, or even several thousand for that matter, to discuss a particular thing... There are too may "threads" within a thread like that to make legible reading possible, that and TOO MANY people make specific replies to a previous post w/o quoting. That's irritating. Now I'm scrolling back up the thread trying to decipher what the heck this person is talking about...

Thoughts?

BM

vaporblacking
July 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
correct

monsterstack
July 14th, 2009, 04:44 PM
If the discussions have genuinely different alleys of conversation, then I see no reason to merge them all together. If the thread is just "zomg I r excited!!!" then sure, merge away.

Oh and inb4 merge.

Simian Man
July 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
So if you can't be bothered to read other people's posts, why should they want to read your thread? Besides, a bunch of duplicate threads serves to kick actual questions off the front page.

hyperdude111
July 14th, 2009, 04:58 PM
It has gone over the top, they have merged a thread & poll asking how many chrome threads there will be with main thread. If the content of the threads is very similar then merge but the level it has been done here is crazy. I would hate to see this thread be merged with the chrome MEGA-thread because the title contains "google chrome".

blur xc
July 14th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I'm not a forum newb, I know how this works. I may be somewhat new to this forum, but I have 1000's of posts on others (mtbr for example), and I've never seen thread merging done to the extreme that is done here.

One particular irritation I have is w/ threads that have over a 1000 posts that started 3 years ago is that you have to get to the 800th post before you find any relevant information posted for the lasted ubuntu release...

BM