PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Resizing windows?

ltwinner
July 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I know you can resize windows with alt+middle click but that is awkward on my mouse as the scroll wheel acts as the middle button. So is it possible to change the alt+middle click to alt+right click which would be alot handier for me?

Hospadar
July 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Probably, I think that's an option to be changed in compiz.

First you need to install the compizconfig settings dialog, either grab it in synaptic or
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
Then go to System->Preferences->compizconfig (i think is the name?)

Somewhere in there you'll see the resize windows plugin (you can search for it) and you should be able to set up your hotkeys there.

wojox
July 14th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Try Alt+F8

ltwinner
July 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Probably, I think that's an option to be changed in compiz.

First you need to install the compizconfig settings dialog, either grab it in synaptic or
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-managerThen go to System->Preferences->compizconfig (i think is the name?)

Somewhere in there you'll see the resize windows plugin (you can search for it) and you should be able to set up your hotkeys there.

OK, you were correct mate, it can be changed in compiz settings manager. The problem though is that when I set it it is not being saved.

When I change it to "<Alt>Button3" it says "The new value for the button binding for the action Initiate Window Resize in plugin Resize Window conflicts with the action Window Menu of the General Options plugin. Do you wish to disable Window Menu in the General Options plugin?"

Then no matter what option I select here it doesn't matter, the setting still doesn't get saved. If I go out of the Resize Window page and go back into it, it has reverted to <Alt>Button2.

How can I get this setting to save?

carml
July 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Try choosing a different combination of keys :)

ltwinner
July 15th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Ive tried different keys, the problem is that it doesn't save.